RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

Registered
2015 Trademan 4x4, 3.92, 6.4' bed air lift 1000 bags, bilstien shocks, 34" nitto g2s, Unknown tune.
My 401k was still growing fine up until my very last quarterly statement where its now going the other way..last year it grew more that any other year right up until December.
I just hope it doesnt tank like it did in 2003 when Busch was in office...

Registered
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie 3.92 Charlotte, NC
As Augie said about the taxes, these costs have not increased. In fact, they make up a smaller part of the price now. What has changed is demand, and the oil suppliers are happy to keep increasing prices as long as people want it bad enough to pay for it.
As someone who works in the chemical industry, I can tell you first hand that the prices for the lubricity additives have changed. Somewhere in the range of 3-4000% higher today than they were in 2006. However, I know that is still a drop in the barrel on the total price we pay at the pump. One thing that we've not discussed is that most storage facilities would have run inventories low on winterized blend at the end of the season. They may not have built inventory of normal D2 back up yet. We are now into planting season in most regions of North America, so that's yet another thing effecting supply.

Registered
2015 Trademan 4x4, 3.92, 6.4' bed air lift 1000 bags, bilstien shocks, 34" nitto g2s, Unknown tune.
Ya'll keep on drinking the kool aid. I'm out of here, too libtarded for me. Admin, please delete my account I can't take it anymore馃槑
I'm not drinking anything all I'm asking for is some actual evidence to support what you're claiming.

Registered
2017 Ram 1500 4x4 Bighorn CC/SB EcoDiesel
Big Oil really likes when it's puppets are in position because then BO is free to do whatever it wants, wherever it wants, and will earn record profits while still keeping prices at the pumps artificially low. When BO loses it's puppets it gets mad, arbitrarily raises prices, knowing the masses will blame the wrong people, and still post record profits. BO stinks. Politicians don't control the fuel prices, BO controls the politicians. And WE'RE the real losers either way.

Registered
Though I might share this I noticed on my Chase Card offers that this month I had a cash back offer for pay at the pump with Chevron / Texaco fuel depots for 5% which expires this month, but another offer came up for Citgo of 10% cash back which at these prices makes a difference.

Reactions: 3DHawkeye

Registered
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
ncskibum, good observation about the winter blend and storage, never thought about it.

The actual reason us "Americans" gripe about fuel cost is that our way of life has evolved over the past 100 years that requires us to travel/ship/live further and further distances from each other. It is only 986 miles inbetween Paris and Warsaw, plus you pass through 5 different countries. I could fill up my ECO in London and drive to Berlin on 1 tank, easily.

My drive to work is short, but in 2 weeks time I drive enough to make that London to Berlin trip.

Registered
Trip distance of 500 miles

My ED is averaging 25 mpg right now at $6.50 a gallon for diesel, 500 miles would cost $130 and use 20 gallons of fuel.

A gas truck that is averaging 19 mpg right now at $4.39 a gallon for regular unleaded, 500 miles would cost $115.53 and use 26.3 gallons of gas.

As you can see not much difference, even though diesel prices are high, the ED is very fuel efficient even still.

These prices are based on my local prices right now and my fuel mileage so it's all legit. I have 3.92 as well so if you had 3.21 you'd probably be doing a little better, with a tune even a little better than that..

Registered
Though I might share this I noticed on my Chase Card offers that this month I had a cash back offer for pay at the pump with Chevron / Texaco fuel depots for 5% which expires this month, but another offer came up for Citgo of 10% cash back which at these prices makes a difference.
Hi: TexasJoe... Last fill up my EVIC said 8.9L/ 100 km. Hand calculated I got 31.5 mpg Imperial. Local price is $2.389/L OUCH!!! Mileage is great but cost is gross. Keeps me up at night!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
6.19 a gallon right now at speedway in rochester NY
I'm going to look behind the curtain ...... this information is from U.S. Energy Info Admin, it's the spot price of fuel at the ports. You "could" drive up with a tanker truck and purchase fuel TODAY at this price. Typically, New York and the Gulf are within a few cents, while California was much higher. Remember this is without taxes. Before the Russian deal, I could figure out how much diesel cost here in Kentucky by adding 70 cents to the Gulf spot price....nowhere close now. Begs the question, WHY?

Rectangle Font Brand Number Screenshot

Registered
I'm going to look behind the curtain ...... this information is from U.S. Energy Info Admin, it's the spot price of fuel at the ports. You "could" drive up with a tanker truck and purchase fuel TODAY at this price. Typically, New York and the Gulf are within a few cents, while California was much higher. Remember this is without taxes. Before the Russian deal, I could figure out how much diesel cost here in Kentucky by adding 70 cents to the Gulf spot price....nowhere close now. Begs the question, WHY?

View attachment 92029
The other side of NY typically has lower fuel prices that western NY for some reason though.

Registered
Todays Price Central Texas:

Unleaded - $3.99 gal
Diesel - $5.29

Registered
Hi: TexasJoe... Last fill up my EVIC said 8.9L/ 100 km. Hand calculated I got 31.5 mpg Imperial. Local price is $2.389/L OUCH!!! Mileage is great but cost is gross. Keeps me up at night!!!
Hi: TexasJoe... Today the price is $2.146/L. That's down? "Be still my beating heart"!!!

81 - 97 of 97 Posts