RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The sales guy called today saying the first jeep was in. On way back from watching my nephew's last college game, I stopped at the dealer to see the jeep/diesel. The Jeep was sold before it hit the lot, so I did not have a chance to drive it. I took a video, and tried to upload to the forum, but file was too large. The motor sounded quiet (relative to the 3/4 ton diesel trucks I had). Very little vibration.

Can't wait to drive one.

Marsman,
Mars, Pa

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I was just looking at a JGC with at VM A630 about 2 hours ago. I didn't drive it, since I was still in work clothes and this thing was way too nice. Too pricey, too. But, I got some pics.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chooch, you work for chessie or a short line? I work with the railroads, not for a railroad. If you drive one, let us know. This jeep grand Cherokee was 53,000 dollars, while the one sales guy (not my buddy), told me how wonderful the air suspension is (and I am sure it is), that it lifts the vehicle up to 11 + inches in off road.

Question I have, is how many people will really take a 53,000 dollar vehicle rock climbing... I know there will be some who take it in fields, hunting or fishing, mild off road, but would many take it hard core off roading, bumping rocks and trees? I sure would not... so while the air suspension is nifty, it may be one more thing to go wrong. A dodge mechanic told me the system has to be disconnected (which I am not sure what exactly is involved) before the vehicle is put on a lift? more time, more labor for service?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Chooch, you work for chessie or a short line? I work with the railroads, not for a railroad. If you drive one, let us know. This jeep grand Cherokee was 53,000 dollars, while the one sales guy (not my buddy), told me how wonderful the air suspension is (and I am sure it is), that it lifts the vehicle up to 11 + inches in off road.

Question I have, is how many people will really take a 53,000 dollar vehicle rock climbing... I know there will be some who take it in fields, hunting or fishing, mild off road, but would many take it hard core off roading, bumping rocks and trees? I sure would not... so while the air suspension is nifty, it may be one more thing to go wrong. A dodge mechanic told me the system has to be disconnected (which I am not sure what exactly is involved) before the vehicle is put on a lift? more time, more labor for service?
I work for CSX.

The new JGC is not a rock climbing machine. This is a luxury SUV. The one I was looking at was over $51K. That is $4K over my nicely equipped Outdoorsman that I priced out. Unfortunately, the age of CAFE where manufacturers have to get a certain fuel economy is here. This is why you are seeing these new vehicles. I will not be giving up my Liberty CRD for anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts