Hello friends, just stopping by to give a small update on the crank, no-start saga with my 2015 Ram ED.
The truck is on jackstands in my barn and is prepped to have the gearbox pulled today. I would have had it pulled last night however the temperature dropped as fast as the daylight in a Michigan January and ontop of that, I did not have my Torx socket set available to remove the trans cooler lines/shift sensor bracket from the gearbox housing.
The battery has been disconnected, Front propeller shaft, rear propeller shaft, def tank, skid plates for the gearbox and def tank, 2 cross-members, starter motor (my God... terrible location), electrical connectors, trans cooler, trans cooler lines, shift sensor module, and 3 trans mounts, have all been removed from the truck.
Im am eagerly anticipating what I will see when the rock-solid, ZF 8-speed gearbox and torque converter are removed. If the reluctor isnt broken, I guess we replace it for another 120k miles and continue diagnosing. Also, fuel rail target pressures are satisfied when cranking. Ruling out fuel delivery or CP4 issues. For now...
(Side note before I forget, the starter and starter solenoid package is bolted on the bell-housing above the front propeller shaft and under the turbo assembly. Outside of this being in what appears to be a difficult location, it appears that the starter and solenoid housings have gotten pretty darn hot during vehicle lifetime. The metal is blued in some areas and overall just appears to be scorched by ambient heat from the engine block, trans, and turbo. I'm thinking I may wrap this in rockwool since changing it looks to be a mess.)
After this reluctor job is complete I am going after the clogged intake and my swirl-valve codes. This is where I had a little luck, actually.....
I found a fellow forum member who was selling a pre-ban GDE Hot Tuned PCM for a very decent price and for my very same truck. He replied quickly and has remained in contact. The best part is, turns out he lives an hour from me. Once this is installed, along with a brand new intake plenum, hopefully this engine will keep ticking on for me. It at very least gives me a little more motivation to get her back on the road sooner at the very least, and see what she drives like when the engine can aspirate the way it was meant to.
Lord knows this $370 per week rental Toyota will be the financial death of me.
Again, I will be posting a guide with pics and video (maybe video) which will include the procedure I used to DIY the reluctor wheel repair as well as, A parts and tool list of the items needed to complete not only the infamous reluctor wheel, but the intake plenum as well.
Have a great week friends!