RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after having the truck try to sit on me this weekend i've called and made an appointment to have this looked at. I just got off the phone with Ram customer service and they confirmed the service flash for the air suspension was done on my truck (9 days before i purchased). however when i described the events and that i continuously get "service air suspension, service electronic brake system, service trailer brake system and service electronic shifter" EVIC messages they agreed that in fact, none of those are intended normal functions of a new $50K truck with 1400 miles :p

I'll post back here what happens. I have taken pictures of the EVIC messages so they can't claim I'm making those up. I've tried to record the air suspension noises & activity but that's a bit hard to catch as while it does it frequently, it is random and i can't recreate whatever condition/scenario is needed and i'm a bit hesitant to now just lie under the truck with my phone hoping it tries to squish my like a grape. although my wife, in an attempt to find the silver lining, did comment that if in fact my new truck did pop me like a day old balloon, she'd sell the house and buy some beautiful property in Maui and retire there. which is nice because I like Maui so it would be honoring my spectacular demise.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
So after having the truck try to sit on me this weekend i've called and made an appointment to have this looked at. I just got off the phone with Ram customer service and they confirmed the service flash for the air suspension was done on my truck (9 days before i purchased). however when i described the events and that i continuously get "service air suspension, service electronic brake system, service trailer brake system and service electronic shifter" EVIC messages they agreed that in fact, none of those are intended normal functions of a new $50K truck with 1400 miles :p

I'll post back here what happens. I have taken pictures of the EVIC messages so they can't claim I'm making those up. I've tried to record the air suspension noises & activity but that's a bit hard to catch as while it does it frequently, it is random and i can't recreate whatever condition/scenario is needed and i'm a bit hesitant to now just lie under the truck with my phone hoping it tries to squish my like a grape. although my wife, in an attempt to find the silver lining, did comment that if in fact my new truck did pop me like a day old balloon, she'd sell the house and buy some beautiful property in Maui and retire there. which is nice because I like Maui so it would be honoring my spectacular demise.
Jeff, you're not trying hard enough.

You need to take a day off work.

Set up a "watch station" next to the truck - tent, camp chair, maybe a small camp stove to make coffee or tea. Then you need to sit. And wait. pretend you're a cop on a stakeout. Wait and watch...calm as a big game hunter on the Serengeti plains, waiting to capture the moment of action in a sea of tranquility. Then...when the truck springs into action, you POUNCE...capturing video evidence of ...a random noise...which no one would be able to attribute to anything with 100% certainty! But damn it, it'll be real because you were on a stake out!

I wouldn't worry about them not believing you. In fact, if the dealer investigates and sees anything wrong, well, they get paid for doing the warranty work, so it's in their interest to take you seriously (even if you are raving lunatic because the truck sat on you) and do the investigation, which could lead to actual work. ;)

BTW, you never said what the truck tried to sit on...your head? :D

·
Registered
940 Posts
It's never a waste being in the dealer service waiting area. Coffee is free.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi - well no, not yet. the dealer did confirm that there were 8 stored messages indicating the electronic modules were having communication issues. they were on the phone with chrysler engineers who advised them to essentially 'reconfigure' truck back to new, which they did. i took it home and hand to god, the next morning (wednesday) washing truck, lowered twice. i called that morning to the 800# for chrysler customer service, and to their credit they already knew what was done at the dealer the day before.

a case manager has been assigned to me, and i've been contacted by him...but the 4th weekend was in full effect so haven't had a chance to talk/sync to see what's next.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts