RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had problems with there cruise control not working. Im gde hot tuned. I dont know if its a glitch or not. It doesn't do it all the time just randomly. If I shut the truck of and restart it. Cruise will start to work again.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Not work, or won't turn on? Mine does it sometimes where i have to hit the "on" button a few times, or i have to hit one of the buttons beside it to activate the cruise. i've never had an issue with when it's enabled.....not working.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mine did that, after a while the other buttons and horn quit, had to replace clockspring, it’s a whole assembly and the part alone was 1100.00. 5th Dodge truck and 4th clockspring, seems to be a weak part and or design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Mine did that, after a while the other buttons and horn quit, had to replace clockspring, it’s a whole assembly and the part alone was 1100.00. 5th Dodge truck and 4th clockspring, seems to be a weak part and or design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi: ram6707... Lends a whole new meaning to the term "Spring has sprung"!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not work, or won't turn on? Mine does it sometimes where i have to hit the "on" button a few times, or i have to hit one of the buttons beside it to activate the cruise. i've never had an issue with when it's enabled.....not working.
It won't turn on. If I shut the truck off and restart it cruise will turn on again. It is completely random and has not seemed to get better or wourse. All my other buttons work fine.

·
Registered
107 Posts
might be the small concave metal button underneath has shifted? I think one of the things the GDE tune fixed was just this very issue. Do you keep a odb2 dongle plugged in? I have noticed that every once in a while..... my remote start wouldn't start.... or the cruise button wouldn't work....until i removed the odb2 reader.....then plugged it back in. Like it interfered with some of the systems. I typically keep mine plugged in 100% of the time.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
might be the small concave metal button underneath has shifted? I think one of the things the GDE tune fixed was just this very issue. Do you keep a odb2 dongle plugged in? I have noticed that every once in a while..... my remote start wouldn't start.... or the cruise button wouldn't work....until i removed the odb2 reader.....then plugged it back in. Like it interfered with some of the systems. I typically keep mine plugged in 100% of the time.
Mine seems to mess up as soon. As a regen is needed. Seems like it might be a glitch but could be the button though. I dont have a obd plugged in. The last time I left one plugged in the dash started throwing random codes.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Has anyone had problems with there cruise control not working. Im gde hot tuned. I dont know if its a glitch or not. It doesn't do it all the time just randomly. If I shut the truck of and restart it. Cruise will start to work again.
It's not the tune. That's like blaming new tires.

Most all the CC switches do this. Press hard or press rapidly, it'll work. Or replace the switch.

·
Premium Member
5,961 Posts
Your probably right. Wasn't trying to slam gde. Was just seeing if other people have the same issue.
No problem. If it were a tuning issue it would be a constant issue, not intermittent.

My Grand Cherokees with the same CC switch suffered from the same intermittent issue. I've just grown accustomed to it.

Reactions: harleyman2227

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Hi: harleyman2227... Due to CoVivid we haven't done a cruise in ages!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
Same issue since my 2015 was 1 year old , i press On/Off , if it does not come on i press over and over the “Set , then On/Off again “ after a couple times it grabs , it’s the buttons in the steering , a few threads on the site on how to remove and fix that , still not worth it to me since it always comes on eventually .

·
Registered
104 Posts
I know how to fix this!! Mine has had this problem two times. Make a fist and hammer punch the steering wheel at the buttons! works every time!
As bad as it may sound, this method has worked for me a few times when my CC didn't want to work...bang on the steering wheel a couple times, and voila, cruise works again. I did not do it near the controls, only the wheel, but worked every time.

·
Premium Member
3,214 Posts
My cruise 'set' button would sometimes work and sometimes not work. It progressively got worse. I had the steering wheel button cluster replaced under the extended warranty.

Reactions: harleyman2227

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had my switch replaced once, and now at 164k, it looks like it's going away again...meanwhile my 98 4Runner with 242k on it everything still works.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts