RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After years of owning a Ford, I'm really liking the Ram EcoDiesel trucks. After reading on the forum and checking them out, I've decided on a Laramie Longhorn. Unfortunately, the standard interior looks like Roy Rogers just moved in. Does anyone have any tips to "de-western" the longhorn? Do the upgraded seats look less western?

Also, it looks like the options I want are hard to find, so I'm going to order. I've been given a great price from Dennis Dillon, but has anyone had good results and good prices from a closer dealership (I'm in Mississippi)?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
After years of owning a Ford, I'm really liking the Ram EcoDiesel trucks. After reading on the forum and checking them out, I've decided on a Laramie Longhorn. Unfortunately, the standard interior looks like Roy Rogers just moved in. Does anyone have any tips to "de-western" the longhorn? Do the upgraded seats look less western?

Also, it looks like the options I want are hard to find, so I'm going to order. I've been given a great price from Dennis Dillon, but has anyone had good results and good prices from a closer dealership (I'm in Mississippi)?

Thanks.
Each to his own, it sounds like you really looking for the more sleek modern look therefore as Haul N' suggested the Longhorn Limited is going to be the better fit think of it as a nicer version of a Denali.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
You could order a LoneStar/BigHorn edition & have Kazskin leather installed on the seats...

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I was in a similar situation. Loved the color combination of the Longhorn but was not a fan of the stitching etc. Although black is not my first choice for an interior, I ended up with a Limited and love it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You can get an upgraded Laramie that doesn't look like it was designed by Roy Rogers. My Laramie has everything the Longhorn has except the cowboy stitching. Air suspension, leather, heated and vented seats, parking sensors, backup camera, etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
You can get an upgraded Laramie that doesn't look like it was designed by Roy Rogers. My Laramie has everything the Longhorn has except the cowboy stitching. Air suspension, leather, heated and vented seats, parking sensors, backup camera, etc.
Yeah, that's what I did, Laramie upgrade is pretty much a longhorn without the stitching. i live in cowboy country, so I liked the stitched seats but my wife prefers the clean look and finds the tooled leather seats too busy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the great feedback. I thought the Limited would be out of my price range, but it's not as bad as I'd thought.

Any ideas on dealers in the Southeast? I've been calling/emailing for two days...and I can't get anyone (except Dennis Dillon) to call me back.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Trucar.com works.

Or treadlightly.com membership for $100 gets you 1% below invoice plus all applicable manuf incentives.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
robertm. Is correct, I've owned both limited and Laramie and limited definitely a better quality and seems thicker leather. I loved my limited!!!!!

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
The protections group (skids and tow hooks) is not available on the Limited, which is why I went with the Laramie. The Longhorn was too western for my taste, and couldn't get past the brown console lid.

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
I put the skid plates on my limited, with air tools approximately 15 minutes top to install, air tools advisable because you need to compress special nuts into frame to hold skid plates. And I never figured out how I wanted to do tow hooks , so I never installed those , it's a little bit of an issue because of plastic front bumper, maybe someone can chime in with how they installed tow hooks on a limited with plastic front bumper?

·
Registered
929 Posts
I put the skid plates on my limited, with air tools approximately 15 minutes top to install, air tools advisable because you need to compress special nuts into frame to hold skid plates. And I never figured out how I wanted to do tow hooks , so I never installed those , it's a little bit of an issue because of plastic front bumper, maybe someone can chime in with how they installed tow hooks on a limited with plastic front bumper?
It's sounds like you install all three skid plates. Did you need air tools on the rivnuts for the Electric power steering skid plate from a force perspective?

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
It's sounds like you install all three skid plates. Did you need air tools on the rivnuts for the Electric power steering skid plate from a force perspective?
Rivnuts are those the nuts you slid into the frame and tighten to expand them , if so yes . And I only installed 2 skid plates the dealership said that's all my truck required for off road protection group? Maybe I was missing one ?

·
Registered
929 Posts
Rivnuts are those the nuts you slid into the frame and tighten to expand them , if so yes . And I only installed 2 skid plates the dealership said that's all my truck required for off road protection group? Maybe I was missing one ?
There are three different plates.......front suspension, transfer case and power steering. Only the electric power steering plate uses rivnuts according to the install instructions. I was just wondering why you thought air tools were required for them.

Ram 1500 Skid Plate (Part No: 82210014)
Ram 1500 Skid Plate (Part No: 82210021AC)
Ram 1500 Skid Plate (Part No: 82214241AB)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts