RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealer to pick up my truck after the recall was completed. After getting my keys and getting ready to leave I noticed that my drivers door had blue paint marks in the middle. I can tell they have a blue hoist because the paint from the hoist is still on my door!! It appears that someone squeezed into my truck while it was on the hoist and transferred paint form the hoist to my door. I brought it to the service writers' attention then we brought it to the body shop to see if they could fix it. Fortunately my sons best friend works as a painter at this dealer. At least there is someone I trust that works there. He told me it should rub out, if it doesn't he will repaint it.
While we were looking at the door I noticed another body shop guy whispering to the service writer and looking under the truck. I walked around to the front of the truck and looked under it. Diesel fuel was pouring out of the front of the truck!!!!! WTF!!! What little faith I had in this dealer is gone. I talked to the Diesel tech and he told me he's so busy that the dealer is having other (Non-diesel techs) help him with diesel work. I had to leave the truck. Hopefully the door will be fixed and it won't burst into flames from a fuel leak.
I have bought several vehicles from this dealer. The sales staff is very good. Unfortunately the service department is not. It's time to find a new dealer.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Car Automotive lighting
Liquid Hood Automotive lighting Fluid Water

Administrator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
well at least if it burst into flames at the dealership you'll get a new truck out of the situation.. 馃槼

You know Dick Huvaere in Richmond isn't that far from you and they work on lot's of Cummins trucks, buddy has always had good luck there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well at least if it burst into flames at the dealership you'll get a new truck out of the situation.. 馃槼

You know Dick Huvaere in Richmond isn't that far from you and they work on lot's of Cummins trucks, buddy has always had good luck there.
Thanks for the tip!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've been waiting for a call from the dealer. I think it's the same odds as waiting to win the lottery. Since there was no call I went to the dealer to find out the status.
The door needs a repaint.
The fuel leak was caused by one of the quick disconnect lines became quickly disconnected! Apparently they must not have went for a test drive after the work was completed. I drove the truck about 300 feet to the body shop before the line came off. Now just waiting for an appointment with the body shop for the door repair.

Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, Limited, 4x4, crew cab, air ride
That's not a fuel leak, it's Chrysler's new under-body anti-corrosion protection program! The good news is your truck will never rust.............at 6.00 a gallon what a great idea, eh? Sorry about you luck, dealers can really cause some grey hairs when they mess up repairs like this.

Premium Member
2019 Ram 2500 Cummins - EX Ecodiesel owner.
Well how about the recall?

Let us know how the CP3 works ... when You finally get it and can run the thing.

Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Deleted Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 262,000 KM.
Check everything under the truck to ensure the truck did not shift on the hoist pads, causing the door to contact the hoist upright. Highly unlikely but be diligent to inspect for other hidden damage.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I finally got the truck back. It sounds and runs the same as before. I put it up on my hoist when I got home. It's clean and dry. They must have used 20 cans of brake clean. I lost about 1/8 tank of fuel.
They claim they will reimburse me. The body shop manager is going to call me Monday and schedule the door repair.
On a lighter note: When I arrived at the dealer there was a new Jeep with a porter inside of it in the center of the road. It was bucking and jerking. He couldn't get it to move. I asked him if the E-brake was on. He looked at me and said "of course" I know how to drive!! The Jeep wouldn't move. I looked inside the Jeep. It had one of those new theft prevention devices. A manual transmission!
Another porter jumped in the vehicle and drove off with it.

Premium Member
On one your early drives, get an idea if there might be a fuel mileage change with the CP3.

That "theft prevention device" is both funny and sad.

Registered
I bought a used RX8 a few years ago. They have a cool "rotor" shaped gear shift knob that, of course, was missing because someone stole it off the lot before I bought it. The dealer put another one on from a different car that had the reverse opposite of what the transmission actually was. I used to love watching when someone else was trying to drive it and get it into reverse. I knew all I had to do was park nose in everywhere and I was covered from theft....

Premium Member
Curious because I am waiting and waiting and waiting to have mine done. It is a 2019. Same as yours but RAM has decided the year older ones should wait longer for parts.

Registered
That's not a fuel leak, it's Chrysler's new under-body anti-corrosion protection program! The good news is your truck will never rust.............at 6.00 a gallon what a great idea, eh? Sorry about you luck, dealers can really cause some grey hairs when they mess up repairs like this.
Hi: Olypopper... I pay extra to have my truck undercoated. At least I know the bumper ducts won't rust!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

Registered
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie 3.92 Charlotte, NC
I bought a used RX8 a few years ago. They have a cool "rotor" shaped gear shift knob that, of course, was missing because someone stole it off the lot before I bought it. The dealer put another one on from a different car that had the reverse opposite of what the transmission actually was. I used to love watching when someone else was trying to drive it and get it into reverse. I knew all I had to do was park nose in everywhere and I was covered from theft....
On my 2000 beetle, you had to push the gear shift down to get it into reverse. I used valet parking once and ended up having to go get the car myself. The kid couldn't figure it out. Taught both my girls to drive stick and the oldest even did her driving test in the beetle.

Premium Member
Taught my daughter and son on a tractor. John Deere 650 I owned on the property in Pa. They both learned to shift and use a clutch. Then the boy started to ride small motorcycles to get another feel for a clutch and shifting gears.

In their 40's now, I doubt either of them could drive a stick today. At least they should have the memory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts