RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after the oil TSB and several successful oil changes at my dealers service center using t6, I become complainant and didn't notice that on my last change in January the noted oil used was 11qts of 10w30el. I have no clue why after almost 2 years they would go back to this, I have a call into them to understand what the deal is, and cited concern with them using the incorrect oil with the ECM update and 10w40 specs.

Do you think this is as huge an issue as I think; especially after the flash? I am obviously pushing for them to change and correct, anything else I should be aware of?

In hindsight I guess I could tune now, without fear of warranty denial, as the oil is probably a bigger confirmed issue................

·
Registered
238 Posts
Old thread but dump that 5w-30 immediately the 30 grade oil does not have the film strength to protect the bottom end bearings, that is why FCA change to 5w-40 oil the 40 grade oil has a stronger film strength to protect the bottom end bearings.

This reply is really more for those who might end up getting 5w-30 oil today but did not know about the change in the oil.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
The dealership is using oil for a cummins which takes 10W-30 in the newest version. Personally ive gone back to a 5W-30 myself I dont believe the claims of it causing bottom end damage but thats just me.

·
Registered
4,487 Posts
The dealership is using oil for a cummins which takes 10W-30 in the newest version. Personally ive gone back to a 5W-30 myself I dont believe the claims of it causing bottom end damage but thats just me.
I too doubt the oil conspiracy with users like vern DaveF and several others putting hundred thousand plus miles of hard work on the 5w30 spec oil. Although when i bought my ecodiesel i pretty much knew i was going to run T6 or equivalent in it just because the 5w30 variants were hard to find and expensive. I am going to stick with delo 5w40.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts