RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had my truck for almost 4 years think of getting Jeep GC SRT. I found one close by went and drove and started the process of doing a deal.

The dealer told me that because of the most recent recall, that all ECO's are on a do not sell list. That is total BS.

Anyone heard this carp too?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just sold my 2016 ECO to the local DJRC dealer last week, they gave me a decent offer and cut a check same day. The manager didn't make any comment regarding the recall or difficulty selling ECOs.

·
Registered
626 Posts
So I have had my truck for almost 4 years think of getting Jeep GC SRT. I found one close by went and drove and started the process of doing a deal.

The dealer told me that because of the most recent recall, that all ECO's are on a do not sell list. That is total BS.

Yes seen it a few times already

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts

I'm kind of surprised by this. RAM dealer GM told me today that Chrysler is being very difficult about things because they want me to get rid of my '14 ED and they want these trucks off the road

·
Registered
985 Posts
I feel your pain. Same situation.

·
Registered
877 Posts
They can buy your Ecodiesel, but they are not supposed to sell it with the known EGR recall. Your dealer is choosing not to buy your Ecodiesel for selfish reasons. They don't want to hold it for 2 - 3 months while a new part comes to market.

·
Registered
766 Posts
They can buy your Ecodiesel, but they are not supposed to sell it with the known EGR recall. Your dealer is choosing not to buy your Ecodiesel for selfish reasons. They don't want to hold it for 2 - 3 months while a new part comes to market.
I don't think that you can hardly call the dealer selfish. Why should he sit on the truck...it's not good business. How about reversing the situation, the dealer takes the truck in trade but doesn't actually pay you for it until he can sell it...tying up your money...would you do that?

·
Registered
877 Posts
I don't think that you can hardly call the dealer selfish. Why should he sit on the truck...it's not good business. How about reversing the situation, the dealer takes the truck in trade but doesn't actually pay you for it until he can sell it...tying up your money...would you do that?
The very fact that some dealers will take the trade and some will not shows who is flexible and who is not. Those that are not flexible are looking at best business practices from your standpoint. Sometimes best business practices are selfish in nature. It's good business practice for a bank to charge someone 30% interest on a loan, but that doesn't mean it isn't selfish. Good dealers do what they can to take care of the customer in an honest and ethical manner. The Ecodiesel has a known issue. It would be a good business practice if they took the highroad and accepted the trade. After all, the dealer should stand behind the products they sell, don't you think?

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
I say selfish too , it is the nature of this business ,
to have cars on the lot for a long time is always a possibility ,
this dealer does not care to give his customers the service ,
they are cheap / selfish , I'd take my business elsewhere.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I'm kind of surprised by this. RAM dealer GM told me today that Chrysler is being very difficult about things because they want me to get rid of my '14 ED and they want these trucks off the road
That might be the reason to keep it. Just keep bringing it in on extended warranty until FCA says no more.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
If FCA wanted them off the road they could have done a VW and bought them back.
They didn't so that's BS.

What that dealer is doing by refusing to take it in as a trade is worthy of reporting to FCA.

·
Registered
173 Posts

What that dealer is doing by refusing to take it in as a trade is worthy of reporting to FCA.
I agree that reporting it to FCA would be a good first step. Then possibly the consumer protect agency & I'll bet several of the attorneys that did the class action suit on the emissions would be interested as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts

Interesting to note, during the previous mentioned conversation the GM asked me if FCA had ever offered buy back my vechicle. I responded, "No, but I had asked several times since my truck had missed lemon law cutoff by a few weeks." He seemed surprised and told me about a February training from FCA he had to take regarding the EDs. They were trained that owners would get $3000 cash OR a Buyback. When I informed him of the settlement terms, he went over the process of how any work on these vehicles needs to be preapproved from FCA and in his opinion is that they were rushed too soon to the market. I also realize, the GM could have been BS'ing me about some (or all) of this, but the above was our conversation.

The only reason I had to speak to the GM was because I had to bring my truck back in because the Air Suspension light came back on within days of getting it back after the compressor was replaced. I was understandably frustrated. After speaking to the Service Manager today, it was determined that an alignment and tire rotation from Firestone caused the steering wheel to be set off center that eventually caused the compressor to continuously run and burn up. Regardless, Firestone has agreed to pay the nearly $3000 dollar bill.

·
Registered
98 Posts

How did that work, VW buying the vehicles back? Did they offer a flat rate or was it based on market value of each specific vehicle?

·
Registered
20 Posts
That might be the reason to keep it. Just keep bringing it in on extended warranty until FCA says no more.
You've read my mind. FCA has easily spent the MSRP of my truck replacing fuel system components several times. I also have at least two fuel injectors that are ready to go any time now.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Sweet revenge. 8/120 was the best thing I ever bought. 4 more years, 55k miles of pure unadulterated financial exposure FCA. I doubt it will ever see full operational temps.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I have a written note the dealer would buy it. Then another they wouldn't due to recall. Thinking this 700.00 bill to have it shipped is going to FCA. Reasonable request, if they won't, then small claims in Michigan?? What ya think?

1 - 20 of 122 Posts