RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

121 - 122 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
They honored the quoted price from email negotiating. We asked about supplier discount and teacher discount and they explained that if we wanted to go that route, it started back at MSRP. IIRC, they took off between 20 and 25% in Feb 2018. Truck was built in Dec 17 or Jan 18.

There were a few things I didn't like. Like all car dealers these days, I had to deal with the sales guy, his manager, and then finally the financial person.
First, after being on this site, I had already decided to get the extended warranty. No where do I remember, them telling me that it was not an FCA warranty. I still have it but hope that I never have to use it.

Second, I got stuck on the phone with my insurance company and they took my wife back to start the paper work. Some where that cost us a few $100. The sales manager made a mistake when quoting me the price that the finance guy caught.

Third, due to time of day (end of business on a Saturday), they didn't have time to prep the truck and therefore did not have the heavy duty mats in it. Had to argue the point and drive back up to get them. Also meant that they did not fill the DEF or the fuel tank. They ended up giving me two gallons of DEF. Not necessarily a bad thing since I had no doubt then what was put in the tank.

They wouldn't budge on the trade but they weren't that far off. Plus they didn't charge for the running boards or spray in bed liner. I took the offer because I wasn't willing to stick a lot of money in my old truck to get it to pass state inspection. Had it's issues narrowed down to bad brake wiring for the left light or a failing ABS module.

Had some issues getting the "free" first oil change because I didn't realize it was a dealer offer and not an FCA offer. My VWs all came with free service through 36k miles at any dealer in the US.
Thank you sir...
D

·
Registered
110 Posts
They honored the quoted price from email negotiating. We asked about supplier discount and teacher discount and they explained that if we wanted to go that route, it started back at MSRP. IIRC, they took off between 20 and 25% in Feb 2018. Truck was built in Dec 17 or Jan 18.

There were a few things I didn't like. Like all car dealers these days, I had to deal with the sales guy, his manager, and then finally the financial person.
First, after being on this site, I had already decided to get the extended warranty. No where do I remember, them telling me that it was not an FCA warranty. I still have it but hope that I never have to use it.

Second, I got stuck on the phone with my insurance company and they took my wife back to start the paper work. Some where that cost us a few $100. The sales manager made a mistake when quoting me the price that the finance guy caught.

Third, due to time of day (end of business on a Saturday), they didn't have time to prep the truck and therefore did not have the heavy duty mats in it. Had to argue the point and drive back up to get them. Also meant that they did not fill the DEF or the fuel tank. They ended up giving me two gallons of DEF. Not necessarily a bad thing since I had no doubt then what was put in the tank.

They wouldn't budge on the trade but they weren't that far off. Plus they didn't charge for the running boards or spray in bed liner. I took the offer because I wasn't willing to stick a lot of money in my old truck to get it to pass state inspection. Had it's issues narrowed down to bad brake wiring for the left light or a failing ABS module.

Had some issues getting the "free" first oil change because I didn't realize it was a dealer offer and not an FCA offer. My VWs all came with free service through 36k miles at any dealer in the US.
ncskibum;
thanks for that,

121 - 122 of 122 Posts