RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed a trend here. More than a few people note that when they call their dealer for service, often due to CELs, they post up that the dealer doesn't have a spot for them for a couple weeks. W.T.F?!

I have never, not once, in my entire life, been told by a dealer their next service appointment was two weeks out.

Toyota, VW, BMW, Ford, Mazda, Jeep...and some of those brands more than once...and I've never waited more than a few days for an appointment. Sure, if I call at the end of the week I might have to wait until the following week.

Which got me to thinking...

• are people posting, short-forming the details and maybe fudging a bit out of frustration?
  • are dealers pushing EcoD owners out because either some issues will self-solve, or because they know they don't have the skills/parts on the ground to deal with the issue?
  • are RAM dealers just not equipped to deal with the brands increasing popularity and sales volumes, which naturally would see an increased influx of issues?

Just thinking out loud as I jet along at 37,000 feet heading home from Hotlanta today. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
I think that the dealers just cant handle it. i know that my buddies 2012 2500 has been in a few times and they usually had him come in 2-3 days after he called/stopped by. in 2 cases, it was actually 1-1.5 weeks before they could look at it. Kind of dissapointing really

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I have visited my dealer's service department once for the software updates and to program a few things (turn off seatbelt nag, recalibrate speedometer, etc.). They took me in the next day after I called. With our previous cars from the same dealer I usually had to wait a couple of days but never more than a week for an appointment. The main thing I have noticed over the years is that with the recession they had to cut out amenities such as car washes and guaranteed loaner cars.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I called two local dealers and they were both two weeks out. The issue in my opinion is the number of qualified diesel techs at the dealer. My guess is that your wait for a oil change or a brake job would be a day max.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I get in immediately if Im a "waiter" otherwise I have to leave it.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I'm guessing the qualified deisel tech's is the problem....

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have visited my dealer's service department once for the software updates and to program a few things (turn off seatbelt nag, recalibrate speedometer, etc.). They took me in the next day after I called. With our previous cars from the same dealer I usually had to wait a couple of days but never more than a week for an appointment. The main thing I have noticed over the years is that with the recession they had to cut out amenities such as car washes and guaranteed loaner cars.
Great to know they can turn off the seatbelt chime!! I spend a lot of time off the road and I figured I was either going to have to live with it or find the hack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts