RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago I changed my oil, oil filter and then changed the fuel filter a few days thereafter. I've always properly documented maintenance stuff like this and read on another thread that this could be done on line within the RAM/Mopar owner's site.

Decided to do this but there was a problem with the site taking my documentation for the Mopar part numbers in separate entries. So in talking to their tech support, I had a nice conversation with a young man (who shall remain nameless) as I told him about my maintenance items and wanted to document them.

After hearing me say that "I had changed my own oil and filters" he came back and said: "Sir, did you say that YOU performed this maintenance yourself?" "You know that you shouldn't do that because it will void your warranty." "FCA advises against this."

After stating that, yes, of course I changed my own oil, etc and had never heard of any auto/truck manufacturer voiding a warranty because an owner did simple maintenance like this - as long as it was properly documented. I told him that I was shocked by his comment and asked him where he had been told such. Said he had been "trained" this way but he apologized for the abruptness of his response.

At any rate, we solved the data entry problem. But I fear that either this kid either could not recognize a 1/2" drive rachet/socket set if it was set before him . . . or things at FCA really need prayer . . .

·
Registered
595 Posts
I take pictures of the new oil jugs, old filter, new filter, mileage, old oil % and the reset.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
Magnuson-Moss Warranty—Federal Trade Commission Improvement Act of 1975

Considering the number of attorney's that advertise here, bragging about the multi-million dollar settlements, they will line up down the block just for the chance to represent someone that had their warranty denied due to self maintenance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts