RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
couple of guys on local TV yesterday , going thru this , they said they
had big colds before in their lives , this one is different in the way that the worse part of the cold where
you ache all over , and feel miserable does not last 2 or 3 days , they were both at more than 10 days of misery ,
they looked like a boxer the next morning after a defeat ....
I guess the lebght of the bad stretch is what takes away weak people , we will see bad numbers from here until April 15 ,
the peak around April 5th ...
we need to protect the weak ones ......

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wife has a twin sister that lives in Sarasota. She has a husband that is the king of tV watchers. Her 40-year-old daughter is living with her and dying of cancer in the next couple of months max. Her two kids, age 14 and 5 also live there. She does all the shopping and running of errands for everyone.

Today she came down with a bad case of some kind of flue.

·
Registered
4,006 Posts
being a caregiver / supporting relative takes its toll ,
I will hope she got a regular flu .
one weird symptom of this crap is ; you lose sense of smell , so taste also goes with that loss .

·
Registered
688 Posts
I can tell you that the flu can knock the hell out of you. My wife, indirectly died of the flu, it damaged her kidneys and heart. My 96 year old dad caught the flu back in 2018, it caused his heart to fail, according to his doctor. So, my advice to anyone would be always get a flu shot. Hope they will eventually have a vaccine for this crap.

·
Registered
13,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can tell you that the flu can knock the hell out of you. My wife, indirectly died of the flu, it damaged her kidneys and heart. My 96 year old dad caught the flu back in 2018, it caused his heart to fail, according to his doctor. So, my advice to anyone would be always get a flu shot. Hope they will eventually have a vaccine for this crap.
Back in mid January my new doctor near demanded I get a flue shot. 10 days later I to the flue. A week after that so did my wife. We still cough and suffer from that mess that lasted into February real active with us. Fourth time I got a flue shot. Third time I got flue right after that shot.

Getting old is a bunch of crap. Staying old is even harder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts