RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Asked this question on another site and looking for additional input. Have a 18 2500 cc ctd. It’s fully deleted. Owned it for 1.5 years. 2 days ago I hauled our travel trailer up to the mountains. Went well no issues. Next morning I find it’s dripping def fluid from where the hose was disconnected from the exhaust. It continues to drip whether truck is on or not. Others have said this isn’t a problem since truck is deleted. My concern at this point is will the truck recognize the gauge getting low? I know my wife’s eco diesel starts a 500 mile countdown when the gauge gets so low. Additionally does anyone know exactly where the electrical plug is on top of the def tank to disconnect the pump? I looked and am having trouble locating it.

·
Registered
2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crew Cab 6.7 L Turbo Cummins 3.73
1,304 Posts
I get the impression not very many people delete these CTD 5th gens, let alone even have problems.

Especially when they are under warranty.

I think you need to find a different forum specific for your question.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
5,083 Posts
If the tuner did the job correctly you won't have a problem if the DEF gauge reads empty. You'll probably need to contact whoever did the tune and ask them to verify.
You might want to plug that hose just in case.

·
Registered
608 Posts
A stick if you have to. Anything that will stop the flow.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I bought the truck already tuned or so I thought. Hasn’t leaked until this last trip. Can’t tell if the def gauge is moving at all though. There’s two electric plugs on top of tank but not sure which one disconnects the pump

·
Registered
13,921 Posts
You have had this for a year and a half. Assume you have never added anything to the DEF tank. Certainly the pump is not working.

If you fear the tank might leak dry, add some water to it. Your use the past year-and-a-half should tell you it is of no matter.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My concern is why is this leaking now and what will happen if it goes dry while towing home. Hopefully nothing

·
Registered
13,921 Posts
No clue why there is even anything in that tank to leak. Try this. Carry a gallon of water. If it leaks dry and something nasty happens (doubtful), the pour the water in the tank and motor on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well made it home without any issues (that I know of). The leak has stopped and gauge still reads full so I guess the tune is working. Thanks everyone for their help!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts