RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
OMG they aren't giving me my free money fast enough, whatever am I going to do! Some of you would bitch if you were given a million dollars!

As far as "I tried to get in touch with the lawyers regarding this at Lieff Cabraser Heimann and Bernstein 415-956-1000 to inquire as to this and if we have any recourse or follow up on this without much success." LMAO-ROTF they could give two shits about the owners! They are in this to collect free money like every other shyster out there! Not sure what anyone's complaint is about the AEM tune, it operates better than the original tune. As for fuel mileage if you are not running the stock Goodyear SRA tires you are NOT going to make the same mileage as before!

Give it a rest already, some of you sound like a spoiled little child!
Goodyear? I’m running new Michelin Defender MS and I’ve lost 4 miles per gallon.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My wife told me last night her jeep's mileage seems to have increased by a couple of miles since the AEM. Not scientific at all, but most here aren't either. She also said it appears to shift more often than before

·
Registered
200 Posts
My Eco Diesel has been a dog since I put 285 75 17 tires on it and fuel economy dropped markedly. I had the emissions mod done and the fuel economy likely dropped 1 or 2 MPG. Lag in take off from a dead stop is bad, I assumed it is just because it was a diesel and the electronic throttle instead or mechanical fuel linkage. I have a status of pending check mailing (all requirements complete). Every step of the filing process has been a pain as they declined my claim 3 times for the back of my purchase order which was blurry or unreadable (no signatures required on the back or other significant info). The processing people are doing all they can to frustrate owners to the point of giving up and not completing the claims process. It is a shit show, but at the end of the day I will keep my 2014 pickup for at least 10 years IOT recoup my original investment, my truck has an engine with only 12k miles (original replaced by Chrysler for low oil pressure) extended warranty on new engine, a check at some point for $3075.00 etc. Anyone know limitations of extended warranty post emissions mod?

·
Super Moderator
3,811 Posts
My Eco Diesel has been a dog since I put 285 75 17 tires on it and fuel economy dropped markedly. I had the emissions mod done and the fuel economy likely dropped 1 or 2 MPG. Lag in take off from a dead stop is bad, I assumed it is just because it was a diesel and the electronic throttle instead or mechanical fuel linkage.
If you stock tires were 265/70/17, that's an increase of 7% (from a 31.5" to 34" tire) couple that if you have 3.55 gear will definitely be noticable during take off.
If you didn't have the speedometer corrected for size then even the mpgs won't be correct.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I had the stock 17s (265 70 17 tires) when I bought my truck. The mileage was really good, actually better than I expected. I checked the MPG gauge in the truck against the true fuel economy (divided miles driven by gallons at fill up) the gauge was around 3 MPG off in the truck. So I don't take much stock in the instrument panel MPG. It always shows better than actual mileage.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started filing process 3 months ago and I keep getting requests for additional things every time I complete something. Including asking for the same notarized paper twice with the excuse that my notary or the lawyers should have known I needed this ACKNOWLEDGEMENT from Ca. that they didn't request and then the claims adjuster was trying to talk down to me like it was somehow my fault. Sorry I don't read minds and I've never dealt with such apathy but if the whole point is to stonewall and not pay out claims then they are doing a wonderful job for FCA.

·
Administrator
8,255 Posts
I started filing process 3 months ago and I keep getting requests for additional things every time I complete something. Including asking for the same notarized paper twice with the excuse that my notary or the lawyers should have known I needed this ACKNOWLEDGEMENT from Ca. that they didn't request and then the claims adjuster was trying to talk down to me like it was somehow my fault. Sorry I don't read minds and I've never dealt with such apathy but if the whole point is to stonewall and not pay out claims then they are doing a wonderful job for FCA.
The whole process took less than 3 weeks for me and I had a check in my hand. Seems to be hit or miss. Definitely give them what the ask for.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I filed my claim on May15th, AEM completed on May 16th. I just received the offer Email yesterday = 14.1 weeks after I filed. Now It will be interesting to see how long it takes to finish the process.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Had my recall done. Could not really see a noticeable decrease in mileage. What I DID see though, was a lag in cold engine performance that sooner or later will likely cause someone to get clipped trying to pull out in traffic. w/o a doubt, sooner or later someone will be killed or seriously injured. Oh well....as long as they meet the EPA standards.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I started my claims process in May like many and about 4-5 weeks ago FINALLY received an email....However they were saying I was missing documentation, which I wasn't. I re-submitted everything anyway. No confirmation of them receiving it but a week would go by and I'd get another identical email saying I was missing documentation and they hadn't received anything new from me.

Finally I called and they confirmed I had submitted all required documentation and they had it all on file. The lady I spoke to said she was "Escalating it to my case manager" and I should receive the offer email with the documents to have notarized. That was two weeks ago, called last week and was told the same thing but still no email.

Seems like they're making this more difficult than it has to be for a lot of owners. I'm not one to complain about an unexpected payout but it's still frustrating getting the runaround for months when you follow the instructions to a T.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I continue to wait. FIVE months now since I submitted all the docs and had the tune installed. Website continues to say they don't have my docs. Talked to call ctr rep and he said the best thing to do was resend the docs. Soooooooooooo, for the 10th time, I resent the docs to them. I'm sure it will work this time! (not!)

41 - 51 of 51 Posts