RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went with a friend of mine who has a 2014 has had since new, all stock, He did a full delete after aem flash in Canada no benefit for us to get it done no extended warranty or money back for now. Anyways had some questions for the shop, they do full deletes and have been doing at least three a week on Ecodiesels, after three weeks he is so impressed with the performance and mileage similar to GDE delete, off road, the only thing I noticed his tailpipes are black now. The shop says that's all the soot coming out of intake. They have been doing tunes and deletes for quite a while on Cummins. But it sure sounds different more like a Diesel.

·
Registered
12,559 Posts
You are right. Driven reasonably, that sure will keep things running with lower failure rates and better fuel mileage. There will be little noticeable change in sound and no visible discharge unless you run the rpm's way up.

Some here will want to know who did the work and programming. Your call to put out that information.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I live in Regina Sask Canada and mine is fully deleted. Has been for 54000 kms. Runs like a top. Did not notice any real major improvement besides diesel smells, no def and a desire to drive it like a sports car....

No excess soot from the tail pipe or on the exhaust tip.

Curious who provided the tune (I don't know a single Canadian company who calibrated and uses their own tune, they purchase the software and install it but don't develop it).

I know and have seen one company providing tune software for sure has had issues with excess smoke from over fueling with their tunes - they are not a US based tuner.

Just sold my 2018 last night as quality deletes are now very hard or dare I say impossible to get from quality companies US based companies.

Sent from my ELE-L04 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts