RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Deleting 3rd gen ecodiesel.

17K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  keiths487too 
#1 ·
Does anyone have any videos or where to look or purchase delete kits for the 3rd gen eco diesel? I have a 2022 and have not been able to find anything on them being deleted or upgraded performance wise.

#6 ·
Doesn't look like EOC has any EGR delete kits for the Gen3 yet.

update

Here's the delete kit you are looking for:

#7 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Since the major EPA crackdown on emission deletes there have been difficulties for both those involved and forums. Seems the EPA has successfully leveled massive fines on companies that manufacture delete programming. They easily found out who they were by checking forums and looking at advertising

Today most all forums, maybe all, prohibit discussions of deleting emission equipment. That protects the remaining people creating that programming and equipment. It also can ease any litigation toward forums for spreading that information. In other words ...We do not talk about delete on the forum any more.

In your case it may take private messages from people for information and some local inquiry at garages that specialize in diesel repair. Here on this forum you will only read about EPA-compliant programming using all the factory emission equipment.

Reactions: Hammer
#8 ·
Welcome to the forum!

Since the major EPA crackdown on emission deletes there have been difficulties for both those involved and forums. Seems the EPA has successfully leveled massive fines on companies that manufacture delete programming. They easily found out who they were by checking forums and looking at advertising

Today most all forums, maybe all, prohibit discussions of deleting emission equipment. That protects the remaining people creating that programming and equipment. It also can ease any litigation toward forums for spreading that information. In other words ...We do not talk about delete on the forum any more.

In your case it may take private messages from people for information and some local inquiry at garages that specialize in diesel repair. Here on this forum you will only read about EPA-compliant programming using all the factory emission equipment.
When did this change take place? I wasn't aware discussing deleting wasn't allowed anymore.

#11 ·
The warranty point doesn't hold much value since covid. Having a truck sit on a dealers service lot for weeks or months due to parts delays doesn't exactly work anymore. That's IF the dealer deems it warranty proof. I can't imagine using my truck for work purposes and being down for such a long period of time due to emissions failures. Recently had this happen to a family member with a brand new 6.6 duramax and some DPF sensor failure.

#10 ·
Reactions: sourdo
#12 ·
Stuff like this is an example of why forums stopped talking about deletes. The Cummins Forum has clear warnings that discussion of deletes is forbidden. Not sure what is printed on this forum but seem to remember something so it might be printed here somewhere.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/press-release/file/1374621/download
Good time to be Canadian I guess! Although we have an agency for environment and pollution, they aren't nowhere near as overpowering as the EPA is in the US.

#27 ·
The beauty is we all can have our own opinions on the subject. The emissions may have been reduced in your area where it's implemented and enforced but the manufacturing of the endless sensors and other components for said emissions also pollutes the environment. I would love to see a report done on how much pollution is made from manufacturing of all these addiitonal parts. As we all know DPF and other components have a high failure rate.

Shifting the pollution to another part of the world where it isn't enforced isn't actually doing or fixing anything. We are still destroying our planet. The biggest polluters are the massive ships that we move cargo with around the world. Let's target the worst polluters first if we truly are trying to protect our planet and climate.

#31 ·
Can we all be serious for a moment and admit that diesel exhaust is way less harmful than th se truck regining. Iv been around race trucks iv been around old trucks and flat out crappy trucks.. none of them make me nauseous or light headed like smelling a truck using def. I want it deleted for the horse power and fuel milage and longevity of the motor. But the def system is not any better. Working oil fields iv literally had to ask guys to drive their trucks off location when this is occurring because they smoke out the work area.

#46 ·
two things FB is great for; FB Marketplace, I've bought and sold a bunch there, and much better than Craigslist, and keeping up with old co-workers and classmates, and finding out how people are doing, the rest of it you could flush down the toilet.....

Although I do get a laugh out of people that "think" they need to tell you who they are:LOL::LOL::LOL: If you know them, well you "know" them and they sure won't have to tell you;):unsure:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.