RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts
this is why I wouldn't delete my rig even if it was easy to do.
I'm in the process of building a home at 7,100' feet in a rural part of New Mexico. Our skies are crystal clear, and the air is super clean. This is a picture of my 10-acre backyard. The National Forest boundary is to the west, north, and east of my property. The reason why I don't delete my vehicles is because it's against federal law.

I'm in the process of building a home at 7,100' feet in a rural part of New Mexico. Our skies are crystal clear, and the air is super clean. This is a picture of my 10-acre backyard. The National Forest boundary is to the west, north, and east of my property. The reason why I don't delete my vehicles is because it's against federal law.
That looks wonderful.

Deleting is against federal law for what I consider at least to be good reason, not just some conspiratorial "EPA wants to make our life a living hell". Quite the opposite, in fact. The EPA is helping to keep those skies crystal clear. I'm old enough to have seen what it was like before that agency and the corresponding legislation existed.

So I'm not inclined to apologize for cringing when people say that emissions equipment is too high a price to pay for keeping our air breathable, but I won't start a war over it on a public forum. I'm glad they cracked down on the practice.

Photos: L.A.’s mid-century smog was so bad, people thought it was a gas attack

That looks wonderful.

Deleting is against federal law for what I consider at least to be good reason, not just some conspiratorial "EPA wants to make our life a living hell". Quite the opposite, in fact. The EPA is helping to keep those skies crystal clear. I'm old enough to have seen what it was like before that agency and the corresponding legislation existed.

So I'm not inclined to apologize for cringing when people say that emissions equipment is too high a price to pay for keeping our air breathable, but I won't start a war over it on a public forum. I'm glad they cracked down on the practice.

Photos: L.A.’s mid-century smog was so bad, people thought it was a gas attack
That is up for debate. When did you notice the skies were clear again? Clean Air Act dates back to 1970 timeframe. We met national goals for NOx emissions around 1995 and the skies were blue by that time. However, EPA has continued to reduce vehicle NOx emissions by 99% compared to 1995 levels. What has this accomplished? In that same time period, EPA increased CO2 emissions by almost 20% on all diesel vehicles. In order to reduce NOx emissions, one has to increase CO2. They have no concept of balance or health of the planet. CO2 stays with us for 300 year half life. NOx has a half life measured in hours and never accumulates on this planet.

So I'm not inclined to apologize for cringing when people say that emissions equipment is too high a price to pay for keeping our air breathable, but I won't start a war over it on a public forum.
I'm not opposed to paying more for the emissions equipment, but I wished the auto manufacturer would warranty those parts for the 10 years/200,000 miles. Since I plan to keep my truck(s) for 20+ years, it could be costly to keep the emissions in compliance. GDE seems to believe that the DPF and SCR, for example, can last 200,000+ miles; however, he acknowledges that sensors, DEF pump, etc. can cost several thousand dollars past warranty.

Reactions: keiths487too
The beauty is we all can have our own opinions on the subject. The emissions may have been reduced in your area where it's implemented and enforced but the manufacturing of the endless sensors and other components for said emissions also pollutes the environment. I would love to see a report done on how much pollution is made from manufacturing of all these addiitonal parts. As we all know DPF and other components have a high failure rate.

Shifting the pollution to another part of the world where it isn't enforced isn't actually doing or fixing anything. We are still destroying our planet. The biggest polluters are the massive ships that we move cargo with around the world. Let's target the worst polluters first if we truly are trying to protect our planet and climate.

Beautiful slice of heaven (y) 🙏

That looks wonderful.
Beautiful slice of heaven (y) 🙏
It's been a work in progress. I've cut a lot of trees, removed a lot of stumps, cut a lot of brush, raked a lot of pine needles, trimmed a lot of limbs, and started mowing. I can't do much this time of year until the snow melts. The EcoDiesel has played an important role to make it all happen.

It's been a work in progress. I've cut a lot of trees, removed a lot of stumps, cut a lot of brush, raked a lot of pine needles, trimmed a lot of limbs, and started mowing. I can't do much this time of year until the snow melts. The EcoDiesel has played an important role to make it all happen.

Yep, that is a beautiful piece of property! Were you affected by the wildfires at all last year?

New Mexico is on my wishlist to spend some time in when I retire in a year or so!

Discussion starter · #31 ·
Can we all be serious for a moment and admit that diesel exhaust is way less harmful than th se truck regining. Iv been around race trucks iv been around old trucks and flat out crappy trucks.. none of them make me nauseous or light headed like smelling a truck using def. I want it deleted for the horse power and fuel milage and longevity of the motor. But the def system is not any better. Working oil fields iv literally had to ask guys to drive their trucks off location when this is occurring because they smoke out the work area.

Were you affected by the wildfires at all last year?
Fortunately, we were not impacted by the wildfires. There were fires in the area, but most were contained and not a lot of acreage was burned. We had a fairly good monsoon season last year and the moisture has continued into the winter. We got about 10" inches of snow last week and we're anticipating another 9"+ inches of snow this weekend.

I like a mowed property, but I'm also taking steps to mitigate fire danger, so that's one reason why our property is starting to look like a park instead of a forest.

New Mexico is on my wishlist to spend some time in when I retire in a year or so!
It's a beautiful state with so much to see and do. Feel free to reach out with any questions as you make travel plans.

Reactions: 1shadowsabre
Fortunately, we were not impacted by the wildfires. There were fires in the area, but most were contained and not a lot of acreage was burned. We had a fairly good monsoon season last year and the moisture has continued into the winter. We got about 10" inches of snow last week and we're anticipating another 9"+ inches of snow this weekend.

I like a mowed property, but I'm also taking steps to mitigate fire danger, so that's one reason why our property is starting to look like a park instead of a forest.

It's a beautiful state with so much to see and do. Feel free to reach out with any questions as you make travel plans.
I may do that, I am typically not a very "touristy" person if that makes sense. I enjoy geology a lot which is why New Mexico is on my list.

Can we all be serious for a moment and admit that diesel exhaust is way less harmful than th se truck regining. Iv been around race trucks iv been around old trucks and flat out crappy trucks.. none of them make me nauseous or light headed like smelling a truck using def. I want it deleted for the horse power and fuel milage and longevity of the motor. But the def system is not any better. Working oil fields iv literally had to ask guys to drive their trucks off location when this is occurring because they smoke out the work area.
Def has nothing to due with regen.

I may do that, I am typically not a very "touristy" person if that makes sense. I enjoy geology a lot which is why New Mexico is on my list.
I'm not very touristy either, so I completely understand. If you love geology, then you're coming to the right place. Just in my area, we have hot springs, volcanoes, lava tubes, and other neat geological features.

Reactions: 1shadowsabre
When did this change take place? I wasn't aware discussing deleting wasn't allowed anymore.
@Captainmal is mostly speaking from his experience on the Cummins Forum in which the Admin/Staff/Moderators decided to halt discussions/threads/posts concerning deletes. The Admin/Staff/Moderators on this forum have not taken those measures or given restrictions.

Reactions: Zach.22Eco
@Captainmal is mostly speaking from his experience on the Cummins Forum in which the Admin/Staff/Moderators decided to halt discussions/threads/posts concerning deletes. The Admin/Staff/Moderators on this forum have not taken those measures or given restrictions.
That true?

Gone are all the references and advertisers for delete equipment. Gone are all the details for ECM changes, exhaust system changes, how to remove EGR's, DPF's and DEF's. Pictures and videos of all those actions are also gone.
Will admit I do not see a current warning posted about no delete discussions. Yet, there are no delete discussions listing who makes the stuff, how to use the equipment and where you could get a delete done.

As for all the pictures of smog in LA and the dire warnings of death...some of those people and their descendants are still alive.

That is up for debate. When did you notice the skies were clear again? Clean Air Act dates back to 1970 timeframe. We met national goals for NOx emissions around 1995 and the skies were blue by that time. However, EPA has continued to reduce vehicle NOx emissions by 99% compared to 1995 levels. What has this accomplished? In that same time period, EPA increased CO2 emissions by almost 20% on all diesel vehicles. In order to reduce NOx emissions, one has to increase CO2. They have no concept of balance or health of the planet. CO2 stays with us for 300 year half life. NOx has a half life measured in hours and never accumulates on this planet.
in regards to Los Angeles, I noticed, a lot.

Yes I'm old enough to say that.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.