RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been a topic of convo several different ways and times, but here it goes. I have a 2015 ecodiesel bought brand new. Currently has 44000 miles. I use this truck primarily for towing but have always kept it up one all service mostly before due. The truck has no egr, not throttle control module at all. Are intercooler pipes, afe full exhaust no cat or dog strait from turbo. Afe cold air. Has been tuned through a place in Utah cant remember name off the top of my head. Truck randomly went into limp mode with the p0299 and service throttle control module on dash. Took it to a dealer who in turn reloaded the updated factory tune back into it and sent me up the road with 100 less in my pocket. Sent ecu back to Utah and they cleared everything back to being deleted but now truck gets maybe 19 lbs of boost, normal was 27 to 28. Takes forever to get any boost to build. If I reset everything I can get maybe 3 minutes or less before limp mode and check engine light. I am totally at a loss with this truck. Any advice would be helpful. Side note. I'm not sure my tune came back correct. It was during the time the epa was hitting diesel shops so I know I need to start there but that still doesn't fix the original issue.

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
45 Posts
Just throwing it out there but possible air leak in AFE pipe....causing low intake pressure at throttle intake?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No tried that to. Did a smoke test on hot side and cold side everything checked good. Truck ram great forn7 months with delete amd tune. Then all of a sudden everything went down hill fast.

·
Registered
2015 ECOALDiesel
45 Posts
I'm sure you've read them all.......

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Could be as simple as a bad map sensor or could be something completely different. Going forward since your tuned and deleted never go to a fca dealership. Find a quality independent shop that well try and find a root cause instead of just flashing it and sending you on your way with no fix.

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,415 Posts
Given the error code and your saying it takes a while to build boost it might be something to do with VGT actuator? If you using an add on gauge to read boost pressure, you'll want to see if that matches what the ECM boost pressure is reading.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
You used this place to tune your truck for the delete, and even went back to them to reinstall the tune, and you can't recall the name?

At least let others know who to avoid.

Sounds like the tune.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Like I've said before some dealers are sloppy but pretty sure they can spot all that stuff cut off of the exhaust, no sense in returning vehicle to stock for tune. Try cleaning the map sensor with mass airflow sensor cleaner. Sounds like your engine should be running clean and that's not it though. Could be worth a try and free/easy to do though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts