RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I was just on the phone with Dave Smith Motors trying to order a 22 Bighorn with an Ecodiesel.
They told me that Eco diesels were currently unavailable and would not process the order.
The Ram Build site says they are. What's up with that.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Hi: Houser... Prolly if you pay more they will magically appear!!! Welcome to the Co-Vivid crises.
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think you might be right.
I sent her, Kourtney, a copy of the Ram build sheet I had put together. I suppose the Ram price on the build sheet was to low for them to match so she just said the diesel was currently
Unavailable. Then tried to sell me a gasser.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I think this has to do with prioritizing the trucks with the most demand which are gassers.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, I cruised the web a bit and couldn't find any news to confirm that Ram had stopped production on the EcoDiesel. I called Kourtney at Dave Smith and told her that if it was just a matter
of waiting 4 months or so to get the truck I was ok with that. I just wanted to get one ordered. She said, She would have to talk to her manager and get back to me. That was last Friday. No word yet. Maybe she will call back Monday.
I have Money. I really don't get why I'm getting the blowoff.

·
Registered
149 Posts
You have the money and they don't want it go somewhere else I say. Lots of dealers will take your cash. Lots of diesels built, Chev, Ford, a different Ram dealer. Just walk away and deal somewhere else. When they make up their mind on whether you can own one you will have one already.

·
Registered
Vehicle descriptions in signature
1,252 Posts
Typical of Dave Smith, shop elsewhere.

·
Registered
683 Posts
So, I cruised the web a bit and couldn't find any news to confirm that Ram had stopped production on the EcoDiesel. I called Kourtney at Dave Smith and told her that if it was just a matter
of waiting 4 months or so to get the truck I was ok with that. I just wanted to get one ordered. She said, She would have to talk to her manager and get back to me. That was last Friday. No word yet. Maybe she will call back Monday.
I have Money. I really don't get why I'm getting the blowoff.
LOL ! Imagine how they will be after they get your money ? Run ! dont walk away....

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I think you might be right.
I sent her, Kourtney, a copy of the Ram build sheet I had put together. I suppose the Ram price on the build sheet was to low for them to match so she just said the diesel was currently
Unavailable. Then tried to sell me a gasser.
Hi: Houser... My sls. mgr's. favorite saying was "Sell what you can see... don't see what you can sell".
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, I called Lithia in Spokane. talked to salesperson named Hunter. I asked if it was possible to order a 1500 bighorn EcoDiesel. He said he couldn't do it over the phone I would have come in. I told him I lived 90 miles away and first needed to verify it was possible to order a 1500 Bighorn with an EcoDiesel . he said he would check with his ordering person and call right back. That was about 6 hrs. ago. still no call back. Maybe it's true. Maybe I can't order one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dave Smith probably isn't wrong in this case. I just ordered my ED 12/21/21 and was back and forth to the dealer for 4 weeks before I got it ordered. Went to dealer on a Friday and ED's were unavailable to order. Monday they could order them but not in the Level 2 Big Horn package.

Following Monday they were closed again. Next Monday they were open but could only order a Big Horn with a 6'4 bed and the Laramie in a 5'7. Long story short they had the diesel ordering bank closed every other week and certain parts only allocated to the higher trim levels. I.E. I did not end up being able to order LEDs with the Big Horn.

I did receive my VIN today but I would be shocked to see the truck before the end of April. Check back every Monday to see what they opened up.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Finally got it ordered. $54000.00 Bighorn quad cab long bed. Dont expect to see it till May or June. Thats the most I have ever spent on a personal vehicle. Ouch. My but kinda hurts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did Big Horn Level 2 Crew with 6’4 and a few upgrades. With my affiliate pricing right at 55K. I loved my 2020 eco so I have no doubt I’ll love this one too. Towing my boat with it vs my hemi is night and day

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I would like to shed a little light here maybe why the Eco diesel is unavailable. Unless you are one of the smart ones and did a complete EGR delete on your motor its just a matter of time before your truck will be parked like mine. Waiting for a new motor. There are hundreds of Eco diesel owners, soon to be thousands who's motors have failed due to bottom end failure and are all waiting for replacement motors. FCA can't hide from this much longer, but then again it could be a very smart plan on there part. Think about it, make a motor that is designed to fail and when it does charge 10 to $15,000 to replace it. Theirs a very good reason why there in short supply and covid has dick all to do with it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. I would like to shed a little light here maybe why the Eco diesel is unavailable. Unless you are one of the smart ones and did a complete EGR delete on your motor its just a matter of time before your truck will be parked like mine. Waiting for a new motor. There are hundreds of Eco diesel owners, soon to be thousands who's motors have failed due to bottom end failure and are all waiting for replacement motors. FCA can't hide from this much longer, but then again it could be a very smart plan on there part. Think about it, make a motor that is designed to fail and when it does charge 10 to $15,000 to replace it. Theirs a very good reason why there in short supply and covid has dick all to do with it!
What year and how many miles?

·
Premium Member
5,642 Posts
Welcome, first post. And this drivetrain has been out since 2014 so your theory is moot.

We get that your upset, but spamming forums with your disgust will not improve your situation.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just ordered one this morning and received the tread lightly discount. I was told to expect 4 or 5 months for delivery. Limited with most options.

·
Registered
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman 4X2 EcoDiesel
400 Posts
The OP is trying to order a Gen 3 ED. I don't know of any evidence that there have been hundreds of failures, let alone getting close to thousands, in the Gen 3. I don't think any manufacturer designs an engine to fail. That costs a fortune in warranty replacements and loses buyers. COVID has messed up supplies of many products, including engines and components; no conspiracy theory is needed.

·
Registered
2015 Big Horn/2022 Rebel
2 Posts
I ordered a '22 Rebel on 12/7 with the ED.....all my parts/materials have been received for assembly.

·
Registered
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman 4X2 EcoDiesel
400 Posts
My dealer has 18 EDs In Transit, but the cheapest is more than twice what I paid for mine--twice the offer I get for mine currently through KBB. They're not offering any deals, vs $9,000 off on a Hemi.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts