RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck came in today at the dealer last night. They are getting in ready and I should have it by the end of the day.:)

Rather than order one, I actually bought mine from a dealer that had already been built but not yet delivered. Works out good for me as I don't think I could stand the wait of some of you that have ordered. Anyway, it's a white Bighorn 2WD Crew Cab. Not many options, just Console and Bucket Seats, Luxury Group, and Uconnect 8.4 NAV. The main thing is the diesel as I drive alot and I could use something better on fuel than my Ram 4.7 V8.

I'll post a picture when I get it.

·
Registered
13,684 Posts
Good.

Take and send a picture when you get it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Congrats. Post pics once you get it.

I also went from a 4.7 v8 to the ED. You will love the 8~10 mpg improvement. (even on mixed driving)

·
Registered
438 Posts
It's a killer wait but well worth it! Post pics up!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yep...

Bet you never saw 25mpg with the 4.7L. and, once you stick your foot in it... I bet it will pull just as hard.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep...

Bet you never saw 25mpg with the 4.7L. and, once you stick your foot in it... I bet it will pull just as hard.
I got 20.5 once on a pure road trip. My overall average MPG was 18.5 with the 4.7V8. I'm liking the new truck already, even more since diesel and unleaded regular are now within 10 cents per gallon of each other, at least in my area. And this truck has plenty of power too. This is going to be fun!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I also saw 21 mpg ONE TIME when I was on a long trip... unloaded, and on flat roads. My "Normal" average was 15 mpg in the summer and 14 in the winter. (with the 4.7L) My typical highway was 18~18.5 MPG's.

·
Registered
438 Posts
The 4.7 never got that great of mpg. The Hemi would do the same or better. That IP looks bare. Wait until you get a chance to see what can be displayed. Congrats!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 4.7 never got that great of mpg. The Hemi would do the same or better. That IP looks bare. Wait until you get a chance to see what can be displayed. Congrats!
So there's more to be displayed and customized on the IP? I can flip through a couple of trip meters, air pressure diagram, real-time mpg, digital speedometer, etc., but I didn't know you could customize.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just ordered my new Ram ecodiesel on April 25th. I called dealer today and it is scheduled for build on May 15th. I hope that it gets here by June 10th as I want to tow a boat to Canada. Just sold my 2007 Ram 1500 Quad cab 4WD with 166,000 miles on it. Last MPG was 14.5. Best mileage I saw was towing a boat to Canada last year. That was 17 MPG. Most of the time it got between 15-16 MPG here in the mountains of WV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts