RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here to say hello to all on the forums. I've been reading on here for a while, but bought my truck a month ago. Here it is, a '14 Crewcab SLT Bighorn. I've added a tonneau cover and Blue Spark tuner (which I got from RollinSmokeDiesel) changed out the crappy stock wipers and use the TorquePro app to keep an eye on things. I have to say I'm really impressed with the BlueSpark, before I put it on I was getting 25 mpg at the best, but since I've had it on for a few days, I'm now up to 29-30 mpg! I know I may be going against the grain with most on here but my next plans are to do a 2-4 drop on it and add a set of SRT 22" rims with 305/45 tires to it.
This is my second diesel (first was a Jetta TDI, I know not the same), but looking forward to tuning on this truck.
Few things I have notice about it already:
1. We need hard pipes, the stock hot and cold side piping is so thin and soft, I can grab and squeeze the pipe together. I know these things my expand like crazy under boost.
2. The stock intercooler is in a great place, but why is it not bigger? I took the grille off and the first thing I notice is how much space is still left for a bigger intercooler. You can fit an intercooler double the size of the stock on in its place. But another thing is that they painted it black which helps alot when the truck is standing still to dissipate heat.
3. The radio antenna? Really can't they do something, its sticks out so bad when you see it, its 2014 already.

·
Registered
281 Posts
How do you like the blue spark? Those mpgs are good! Does it give ya good power and help with lag any? Where in ga are ya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm in Kingsland Ga, its right on the border of GA/FL on I-95, I'm about 35-45 mins north of Jacksonville FL. I like it, I wouldn't say it 297hp for the top model as they claim (but that maybe the E9 Setting and I'm not sure if I want to set it to it yet with out some dyno time) , but it does have some get up and go to it. Off the line power/torque is so much more with it, I have done a few 0-60 runs with it and the best I have done so far with it is 7.9 sec. I've seen stock trucks do 8.6s to 9.0s for 0-60 time, so it tells me that is make more than stock right now. I want to get to a dyno to see what it is really doing. I think is a good starting point for now, but sure something else will be out later on that will surpass it. Oh, and thanks to who ever designed the fuel rail connector, who would put the connector upside down with a locking tab? its a pain to get off. I do have to say if there was one thing to change on the BlueSpark unit it would be an easier way to change the maps on it. The four screws are tight that hold the cover on, so it takes a few minutes to get it off and back on when changing map tunes on it.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome to the forum. That's a darn nice looking truck. Keep tweaking that thing and let us know what's going on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts