RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Ram 1500 ED Laramie 4x4 3.92 Charlotte, NC
1,763 Posts
One thing I noticed the other day is that most Ram dealers around me are starting to discount the trucks, slightly, while GM/Chevy and Ford are still adding on surcharges. Most GM products showed around $3000 while Ford is adding $10,000. This is on heavy duties.

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage2, EOC Stage2, Timbren bumps, Straight Pipe, 6' 4" box
367 Posts
Still trying to decide which way to go now. Looked at some GM in line 6 diesel but not looking good yet. And I see in our area that there is more EcoDiesel coming to the dealer lots and some I have seen have been some time now. So, with the rise in interest rates, I believe some deals will be had here in another 3 to 6 months yet. And waiting to see if the recall on the fuel pumps will affect pricing of these EcoDiesel yet too. Some people might just shy away from these now and the reason some deals might be had yet. Might just sell my 2500 6.4 Hemi and wait for a killer deal after the first of the year. A person never knows>>>>>>
How hard on fuel is your 6.4 hemi? I've heard you can't pass a gas station with them, especially towing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
How hard on fuel is your 6.4 hemi? I've heard you can't pass a gas station with them, especially towing.
Bingo>>>>>>You have that right. Towing it sucks gas to no end. Even just the truck alone with eat gas hitting a head wind and doing 75 mph and cold outside.
I still think there will be killer sales to be had here before too long. Just look how they are saying going to be a diesel shortage>>>>>No one is going to want to buy these trucks. Time will tell.
Just looking at the EcoDiesel on Rams web page and what is on dealers' lot, crazy how many more there are compared to a month ago>>>>And the price reduction since the 1st of November, Crazy>>>>>>>>Even a month ago when I was looking harder the same trucks are still on these dealer lots>>>>

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
it seems that stelinas and fca before that runs engine campaigns on the assembly line. so not surprising that more eds are showing up now.

·
Registered
2015 CC Laramie (3.92), DPF Delete, EGR Stage2, EOC Stage2, Timbren bumps, Straight Pipe, 6' 4" box
367 Posts
Good news then! I'm not looking to buy new myself but it would be nice to get in a gen3 next year sometime. I prefer to buy 2-3 year old used trucks that have all the bugs worked out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Just looking at the EcoDiesel on Rams web page and what is on dealers' lot, crazy how many more there are compared to a month ago>>>>And the price reduction since the 1st of November, Crazy>>>>>>>>Even a month ago when I was looking harder the same trucks are still on these dealer lots>>>>

So had a chance to speak to a salesperson about the price reduction on EcoDiesel trucks. To me this is just laughable. I would not even qualify for the discounts. But oh well it is what it is.
So now I will see if I can talk to them about invoice pricing what they have to say about that. Have 4 EcoDiesel trucks on lot with one on the way this month yet so we will see now.

·
Registered
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman 4X2 EcoDiesel
764 Posts
So had a chance to speak to a salesperson about the price reduction on EcoDiesel trucks. To me this is just laughable. I would not even qualify for the discounts. But oh well it is what it is.
So now I will see if I can talk to them about invoice pricing what they have to say about that. Have 4 EcoDiesel trucks on lot with one on the way this month yet so we will see now. I paid double what I paid for the '19 +/- $500.
How would I find the invoice price for one like this, which is like mine? I got the $5K consumer cash and $5500 rebates. The latter were for financing at Chrysler Capital, 0% for 48 months. If I had known it was 0%, I would have made a smaller down payment. That seems to have gone away for now. I also got $1K for doing an online build. This dealer has 14 EDs.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
How would I find the invoice price for one like this, which is like mine? I got the $5K consumer cash and $5500 rebates. The latter were for financing at Chrysler Capital, 0% for 48 months. If I had known it was 0%, I would have made a smaller down payment. That seems to have gone away for now. I also got $1K for doing an online build. This dealer has 14 EDs.

View attachment 93213
Here is one article for your reading 2022 Ram Prices: MSRP, Invoice vs True Dealer Cost (car-buying-strategies.com)

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Good news then! I'm not looking to buy new myself but it would be nice to get in a gen3 next year sometime. I prefer to buy 2-3 year old used trucks that have all the bugs worked out.
Hi: rustydusty1717. According to this forum EcoD's have more bugs than capacity to carry them!!! Wait and see!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
So now I will see if I can talk to them about invoice pricing what they have to say about that. Have 4 EcoDiesel trucks on lot with one on the way this month yet so we will see now.
First dealer I talked to when buying my 17 had the advertised prices including all the possible discounts, which as you said no one would ever qualify for all. I told them it was a bait and switch tactic and ended up buying somewhere else. As we talk about replacing her VW, we've decided that paying a little extra for a local dealer is worth it. You get to know who you're going to be working with for the life of the vehicle. Well at least for us since we're not moving anywhere for a long time.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 · (Edited)
First dealer I talked to when buying my 17 had the advertised prices including all the possible discounts, which as you said no one would ever qualify for all. I told them it was a bait and switch tactic and ended up buying somewhere else. As we talk about replacing her VW, we've decided that paying a little extra for a local dealer is worth it. You get to know who you're going to be working with for the life of the vehicle. Well at least for us since we're not moving anywhere for a long time.
Oh, I am all for paying a little more for a vehicle if the dealer is close. The dealer I would like to work with, I have bought I think 5 vehicles from over the last 20 years. They sell Ford and Dodge, RAM at this dealership. But what I am looking for the 4 closes dealers near me hardly ever carry the EcoDiesel. Even my 2500 I have now I had to travel 2 hours away. And when I talk to my dealer, I have been with the last 20 years, The salespeople seem to give a rat's azz about looking someplace else for a truck for me. I tried with my 2500 I have now and then ended up somewhere else. And the same as now. I ask them about a truck I had seen 2 hours away I had seen on the internet, and I called them about it, and no one even called me back. So, my relationship with this dealer is shot now. Guess I am old school here. I just have a hard time with these tactics. Just a hard pill to swallow>>>>>>
Here about 3 weeks ago I actually was talking to a GMC salesperson and met them at the GMC dealership about ordering a 1500 Denali with their diesel. So, we go through what we wanted and ask about how the trade in works. So, we discussed about the trade in, and I said OK we will think about it. Just as we were leaving the salesperson said, " I am sure you will be calling me to put your order in for the truck." I said we will think about it. Well, that was a strike out with me when the salesperson already thinks we are going to order. They have had it to nice over the last 2 years and think everyone is going to order. LOL Anyway, I will keep looking. End of rant. LOL

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I looked at a GMC Canyon before I bought my Ram. When the GM salesman called to follow up and I told him it was too late, he got mad that I didn't give them a chance to "work the numbers". The Ram ended up being close to the sticker price of the Canyon and the ride is night and day better.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I ordered my 2020 EcoDiesel Longhorn for $54,000 though a dealer in Utah. It was $12,400 off MSRP. No haggling, either. They delivered it to me for $500 bucks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
I ordered my 2020 EcoDiesel Longhorn for $54,000 though a dealer in Utah. It was $12,400 off MSRP. No haggling, either. They delivered it to me for $500 bucks.
Yes, I hear Ya. That was back when things were kind if normal. But i feel as if things are starting to come back some. Remember Some. I bought my 2500 in April of 2020 and got real nice discount then. But sometime after that dealers were sticking to MRSP only cause of some of the shortages. Now I feel they will start discounting some once inventory start stacking up or just before the newer models in 2023 start showing on dealer lots

·
Registered
2019 RAM 1500 Classic Tradesman 4X2 EcoDiesel
764 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram 1500 EcoD Laramie 4x4 crew cab ORP w/all the goodies
96 Posts
That was a phenomenal deal!!

Reactions: biodiesel

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 · (Edited)
Well, I did it. 2022 Limited EcoDiesel. Granite Crystal Night Package. Ram Boxes. No sunroof for us. Was hard to find any without but could not believe it found 3 trucks in 2 weeks. Sport Hood. So just picked up Yesterday and the only pic I have for now is just the Logo on the hood. Was really happy with the deal. Ended up with invoice 6300 off the MRSP price plus I had another 1000 off cause of a credit card discount which the dealer will receive from the credit card company and not my out of
pocket cost.
Hood Car Automotive design Trunk Motor vehicle
Bad weather here in Wisconsin so that was the cleanest spot. LOL

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
I also ask the dealer how sales have been and their response was well, it is starting to slow down. Also they had said the 1st of October they and about zero trucks and now they have many. So, I see things might get back to normal once the lots fill up.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts