RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

701 - 709 of 709 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
My 2015 with 65k miles is at the dealer for an EGR Cooler and Intake replacement, just got told today that it needs an engine. Not sure on main issue yet, but I do have oil reports showing coolant in the oil.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
My 2015 with 65k miles is at the dealer for an EGR Cooler and Intake replacement, just got told today that it needs an engine. Not sure on main issue yet, but I do have oil reports showing coolant in the oil.
Yeah, sounds like the EGR cooler took a dump and contaminated your oil leading to the engine being FUBAR.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Lost my second Eco-Diesel in 6 weeks this month. Second one had 4600 miles. Dealer claims fuel contamination ( Fca bulletin says failed hp pumps always due to fuel contamination). No Warranty coverage even though I paid $4,000 for extended bumper-to-bumper warranty. First 2015 ecodiesel was $13,000 repair due to failed hp fuel pump. Second 2018 was $9,000 repair due to failed hp fuel pump.
If you have an eco-diesel its a time bomb imo. The inadequate fuel filter system imo may cause pump failure and related repairs are commonly $10k plus. I’m warning my friends to dump them while they can.

The No Warranty Due to Fuel Contamination is a cop out. Be warned your warranty may be worthless unless you drain any spec of condensation from filter and/or tank. 6 week old rig fueled from high volume diesel fuel Island and FCA won’t warranty $9,000 repair due to “fuel contamination”.

·
Administrator
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #704
Lost my second Eco-Diesel in 6 weeks this month. Second one had 4600 miles. Dealer claims fuel contamination ( Fca bulletin says failed hp pumps always due to fuel contamination). No Warranty coverage even though I paid $4,000 for extended bumper-to-bumper warranty. First 2015 ecodiesel was $13,000 repair due to failed hp fuel pump. Second 2018 was $9,000 repair due to failed hp fuel pump.
If you have an eco-diesel its a time bomb imo. The inadequate fuel filter system imo may cause pump failure and related repairs are commonly $10k plus. I’m warning my friends to dump them while they can.

The No Warranty Due to Fuel Contamination is a cop out. Be warned your warranty may be worthless unless you drain any spec of condensation from filter and/or tank. 6 week old rig fueled from high volume diesel fuel Island and FCA won’t warranty $9,000 repair due to “fuel contamination”.
Did you have the fuel tested for #1 and #2 failure?

·
Registered
11 Posts
So to play catch up. I posted awhile back, almost 2yrs ago pulled the trigger on a 2017 Ecodiesel. Was held over at factory during emissions stuff. So they cut me a monster deal. I read alot of information all over the net. I guess low RPM heavy load and wrong clearance on rod bearings seems to be a problem leading to throwing a rod threw the block. 2014 they released with a 10,000# or so tow limit. Mine as configured made 7200-7800 range. I have towed with it here and there getting oil temps to 230 peaks in North Western hill climbs with 6500-7000# trailer. Nice long steep climbs. Why I post today, with FCA actually redoing the ecodiesel motor, arent they straight admitting to an engineering design they didnt want or like and made adjustments? Come 2020, the new eco in Ram 1500 is a NEW engineering. I have only found online, they did address crank assembly issues, with external changes only in an attempt to gain more torque and HP to compete with the new competition.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2015 ecodiesel with less than 42,000 miles on it has been in the shop since Feb 28,2019. Oddly enough it had been at the dealership exactly a year to the day with the same problem! Same FCA/dealership script just a different year! "FuelContamination". So a year ago they supposedly dropped the tank, blew out and cleaned out all the lines, changed the fuel filter..... Yada..... So this time had my truck towed to the first dealerships the advisor reports "metal shavings" throughout the fuel system, of course cannot do anything and my warranty doesn't cover it. My husband called the advisor and straight up asked him so that means upsteam correct, to which (we recorded him) he agreed, confirmed with my husband! Of course I have to call FCA to open a case the case manager is an idiot and plays the same dumbass role the FCA trains them to play! Thanks to my local Texas dealership's service advisor altering the story of my trucks findings.... Saying I have caked dirt on the fuel filter and metal shavings the FCA denys my case! I request a fuel sample printout they can't provide me one! I then request to have a second opinion on my truck and have it towed to another dealership. Same thing advisor calls me one Friday evening at closing to tell me I have "metal shavings" throughout my fuel system and I need a new engine! The are saying "fuel contamination" too. They can not provide me with a printout on my fuel sample either just a jar of fluid for me to look at! Like really? I did file an insurance claim to which they saw no evidence of "fuel contamination" so they denied my claim! I'm so mad! I cannot pay for a new engine $15-20,000 out of my own pocket with no hardcore evidence of what the "contaminates" are. Am I a totally idiot? Like I guess that's a standard procedure and a reasonable way to determine "fuel contamination"? I called Mopar Friday evening to ask if this was a normal policy and procedure for the FCA's dealership's, the representative told me the dealerships should have the capability and or equipment to provide me with a printout of my fuel sample! (I ordered a 3rd party fuel sample kit and I'll send it in after I go pay my 680$ Service ticket to get my truck.... Which also it extra irritating, I asked the advisor why I was being charged $680, he basically said for standing out by the truck while the insurance adjuster took a look at the truck)

·
Super Moderator
2015 Outdoorsman EcoD CC w/6.4' 4X4
4,349 Posts
I'll send it in after I go pay my 680$ Service ticket to get my truck.... Which also it extra irritating, I asked the advisor why I was being charged $680, he basically said for standing out by the truck while the insurance adjuster took a look at the truck)
Contact your insurance adjuster and get a written statement about what was found and how long they were at the dealership. Compare that to the detailed billing from the dealer. I'm guessing the adjuster wasn't there long enough to rack up a $680 labor bill.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Okay y'all I'm a newbie (and a chick.....so don't kill me for being a little extraAF) I try hard to figure things out on my own or ask the hubs ....but I can't tell if anyone else has had these 2 dealer codes, as result of these 2 codes I need a new engine!, (Denying my warranty stating it claiming fuel contamination) p0001 and p0562 also states remove actg. and found melted and rust on act.assy.engine ? Any help! Thank you in advanced!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Has anyone with the GDE tune installed reported or experienced a catastrophic failure? Just wondering if so, if they had any pushback from the dealer or FCA? Maybe GDE could chime in on if the ECM inspection/replacement would be a standard inspection protocol item when an engine comes in and needs replaced??
I would LOVE to know the answer to this question.

701 - 709 of 709 Posts