RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Good post. I have a 15 with 39,000. My extended warranty expires next month. I have priced new ones at around 3700 for a 5 year. Are the new engines any diffrent from the old ones? Any updated parts? I was at the dealer today for recalls and they pointed to one and said 65k on its 3rd engine.
When I purchased the engine, dealer claimed that it had "new and updated" EGR on it, rest has been the same from previous years. I don't have the part #s to confirm this information, that EGR is new and improved...

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Another thank you. It's GREAT to know that the engine CAN come out without removing the cab!
I would go that rout in a heartbeat if mine fails after warranty is up. (y) (y)

Reactions: KRom

·
Registered
460 Posts
When I purchased the engine, dealer claimed that it had "new and updated" EGR on it, rest has been the same from previous years. I don't have the part #s to confirm this information, that EGR is new and improved...
Take a picture of the little date sticker on the EGR, we can probably confirm if it's a newer one or not..

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
--------
justind beat me to it as I typed ...😆
--------
Krom the new beefier EGR look exactly the same fom the outside ,
the date of mfg is on the sticker , late 2019 was the release of better EGRs
exemples of stickers with dates .

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Take a picture of the little date sticker on the EGR, we can probably confirm if it's a newer one or not..
Well, that's easy enough.
Engine is built in March 2020, that's what paperwork following it said. All parts must be updated then, why should they manufacture known bad units...
But then again, maybe there is a warehouse full of them....🙃

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

·
Registered
460 Posts
Well, that's easy enough.
Engine is built in March 2020, that's what paperwork following it said. All parts must be updated then, why should they manufacture known bad units...
But then again, maybe there is a warehouse full of them....🙃
Saw your picture, looks like you're good and have the updated one.

·
Registered
459 Posts
too bad you couldn't get a gen 3 in it, i prefer the 2018 not the 2020 style and just want the gen 3 engine lol

21 - 30 of 30 Posts