RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hmm, my 12v port in the center console stays on if the truck is turned off. I have a bench seat. Maybe those are wired differently?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Again not totally sure but moving fuse from 91 to 90 will give you 12 volts without the key ON ,
BUT only in the plug that you access from the rear seats , try that and see if it works back there
I guess that is the reason to install that splitter and bring constant 12 volts to exact location you want .

great project , Thanks McIntyre , I ordered the splitter :)
DITTO, moved the fuse also and now have power when vehicle off to "rear" of console 12V receptacle. I checked the one in the console when off, no dice. Not gonna play with splitter, just me.. Lol

·
Registered
481 Posts
On my 2018 and a friends 2018, we found that the rear power outlets were battery constant by default. When I moved F90/91 fuse, we lost power completely. Upon looking closer, there is no contacts in the accessory side of the F90/91 fuse slot.

Anyone else have a 2018 that can check?

The owners manual does state this can be done and is "User Selectable".

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
On my 2018 and a friends 2018, we found that the rear power outlets were battery constant by default. When I moved F90/91 fuse, we lost power completely. Upon looking closer, there is no contacts in the accessory side of the F90/91 fuse slot.

Anyone else have a 2018 that can check?

The owners manual does state this can be done and is "User Selectable".
I didn't put the year of my ED in my original post although it's in my profile... it's a 2015. I have no idea about other years and what your fuse box looks like or how it's wired/setup. Make sure you put the fuses in the right splitters, etc. and if you can, use a volt meter to check and see if the fuse locations have constant power, etc.

·
Registered
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Laramie Crew Cab EcoDiesel
1 Posts
Thanks to Google, I was able to locate this thread as it's still relevant. From the photo it looks like the left side is the hot/battery side and the right side is the accessory side? Your source is the upper fuse and the tap lead to the lower slot and connected to the with accessory side?

I think I have this all understand now

21 - 26 of 26 Posts