RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I havent had uconnect for over a year now and don't miss it .I guess I do need it to up date my GPS . I have an email offering it for 1/2 price till the 31st .What else is it good for ??

·
Administrator
8,643 Posts
so I havent had uconnect for over a year now and don't miss it .I guess I do need it to up date my GPS . I have an email offering it for 1/2 price till the 31st .What else is it good for ??
No. Uconnect is not required to update your GPS. Nav updates are a separate purchase and come on a USB stick.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I haven't had it for years. I guess what I maybe miss about it is the text portion and the health reports I used to get via email but both no biggies for me.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Well if you have a habit of forgetting where you parked, the location feature would definitely be helpful:D I always fear locking the keys in the truck while on vacation somewhere. So then it would be nice to unlock doors with your phone. However the way I understand it, you can have it remotely unlocked if you call the number and then pay a one-time fee for that. Not sure how much that would be.

·
Administrator
8,643 Posts
Well if you have a habit of forgetting where you parked, the location feature would definitely be helpful:D I always fear locking the keys in the truck while on vacation somewhere. So then it would be nice to unlock doors with your phone. However the way I understand it, you can have it remotely unlocked if you call the number and then pay a one-time fee for that. Not sure how much that would be.
I did hear something about a one-time fee for lock-out. I never had a problem remembering where I park and there's an option with google maps on the phone for when I become more forgetful.:) I keep a door key hidden in a magnetic box underneath on the frame, but I forget where it's at. :D

·
Registered
852 Posts
I did hear something about a one-time fee for lock-out. I never had a problem remembering where I park and there's an option with google maps on the phone for when I become more forgetful.:) I keep a door key hidden in a magnetic box underneath on the frame, but I forget where it's at. :D
You basically pay for 1 month. What I don't know is if they subscribe you and you then have to remember to cancel it.

Personally since I travel a lot I find the phone engine start a blessing in the winter when I arrive at the airport.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Apple maps (Google?) will also keep track of where you parked if your phone is synced to the vehicle. Probably the biggest thing I will miss if I give up Uconnect is being able to send address to my nav.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts