RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Ram 2500 Tradesman Crew Cab 6.7 L Turbo Cummins 3.73
1,725 Posts
Looks like someone already welded on it. As long as the main frame isn't bent, there is no safety factor to worry about.

As a welder fabricator for many, many years, a "you bend 'em, I'll mend 'em" kind of guy, yes, anything metal can be fixed. As it's not part of the frame, I would think this could be pulled out.

But, you'll have to cut out that lower front facing piece to relieve the stress when you pull it out. Same for that upright part too. Then reweld a plate to the front lower piece. It's really hard to tell with a picture, but I would go for it.

You'll need to use a MIG or inner flux core wire welder and have good control of the puddle! Thin metal is a bitch, but doable. Stick welding can be done, but you better be good at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like someone already welded on it. As long as the main frame isn't bent, there is no safety factor to worry about.

As a welder fabricator for many, many years, a "you bend 'em, I'll mend 'em" kind of guy, yes, anything metal can be fixed. As it's not part of the frame, I would think this could be pulled out.

But, you'll have to cut out that lower front facing piece to relieve the stress when you pull it out. Same for that upright part too. Then reweld a plate to the front lower piece. It's really hard to tell with a picture, but I would go for it.

You'll need to use a MIG or inner flux core wire welder and have good control of the puddle! Thin metal is a bitch, but doable. Stick welding can be done, but you better be good at it.

So just get a bodyshop to do it lol? And could that be cause of hood not latching?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts