RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Do any of you have the chrome protectors or aftermarket black ones? I am thinking about getting them put on at the Dealer but I would love to see some pictures of it before I do. I ordered the Laramie in the Graphite (grey) with the silver on the bottom and fender flares. If you have pictures can you please upload them or if any of you know of any aftermarket ones a link would be great.. I am considering having black vinyl put on over the silver fender flares and on the rocker panel area where the factory silver is.. I love the look of the Outdoorsman with the main part in Graphite and black on the lower part. I called the body shop and they are going to give me a price for paint and to remove the Ram from the door. The vinyl guy said about $200, I bet it will be about a grand for paint... ugg.

Thanks,

I got an update from SPP about the status of my order on Monday and its been built just awaiting shipping.. he said about 3 weeks + or -
I placed the order on 5/20 so we shall see.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
No one has pictures of their truck with the chrome door protectors?? I just would like to see one with them before I put them on, if anyone has a pic could ya post it or a link.. Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice truck but I was looking for the door ding protectors that cover both doors so we don't get the parking lot bashing we all soo hate.. BTW was that a leveling kit you put on your trucks front end or a total 2'' lift for the whole thing? Kinda jealous right now.. I have looked into the leveling kit (adds about 1.5" to the front) for about $150

·
Registered
369 Posts
I have them...............with the monotone color, especially the dark, I think they look great...and I like the protection!

IMG_20140618_183914_419.jpg

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ahhhhhhhh gotcha. You was talking about the chrome molding above the rockers. I've been thinking about adding thoses. For some reason I thought you was talking about the chrome door handles.

I did the motofabs 2" level which is a true 2" lift and I just added motofabs 1.5" rear kit as well. I love them and they fit great. You can get the front and rear combo for right at $150/$160. It definitely makes it feel like my 2500 again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ahhh thank you all... I think I will get them. I was kind of looking at them but they wouldn't let me order them on the truck.. I think I will add them..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ahhhhhhhh gotcha. You was talking about the chrome molding above the rockers. I've been thinking about adding thoses. For some reason I thought you was talking about the chrome door handles.

I did the motofabs 2" level which is a true 2" lift and I just added motofabs 1.5" rear kit as well. I love them and they fit great. You can get the front and rear combo for right at $150/$160. It definitely makes it feel like my 2500 again.
Nice,,, So did you get them online (where) and put them on yourself or???? The ram sits to low for me.. I like a 4x4 to look like a 4x4 and iam not keen on the front being lower than the back.. I know its all about aerodynamics but still..

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have them...............with the monotone color, especially the dark, I think they look great...and I like the protection!

View attachment 1104
I ordered that same color but with the silver on the bottom. I was thinking about having the silver covered in black vinyl because I looked at the outdoorsman with that color combo and it looks great. I kinda like the blacked out look but the Laramie has a lot of chrome on it so iam still up in the air on adding the black to the fender flares and rocker panels. but damn those door molding look good on your truck..

·
Registered
544 Posts
The chrome trim strips(aka door protectors) are a dealer installed $200 option.

My order sheet and window sticker both indicated that the door protectors were dealer installed. But today my new truck arrived at the dealers with the protectors already installed and the dealer had not touched the truck before I got there. So I guess they are factory installed, but maybe the dealer can install them later.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I ordered that same color but with the silver on the bottom. I was thinking about having the silver covered in black vinyl because I looked at the outdoorsman with that color combo and it looks great. I kinda like the blacked out look but the Laramie has a lot of chrome on it so iam still up in the air on adding the black to the fender flares and rocker panels. but damn those door molding look good on your truck..
thank you!

·
Registered
145 Posts
How much door ding protection do you think these provide? Are they at the height of where a normal car door would swing? I am just a tad paranoid about door dings on this truck because there is so much flat door panel on these and I think a door ding would really stand out. As a bonus, I think they look good....

·
Registered
583 Posts
The wheel-to-wheel side steps would probably provide some door ding protection! Wish my Limited didn't have them deleted. At first, I thought that I didn't want them at all, but not I'm thinking about getting them (or similar aftermarket).

It's just one of the drawbacks of finding one at a dealer vs. a custom order. I would much rather have the side steps than the sunroof.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I added them to mine - broke up the monotone paint a little, and matched the rest of the chrome on the truck. The dealership ordered them for me as part of the deal, along with the new LED tail lights. I think ordering them from parts was around $340.00. Crazy since it's a $200 option!

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts