RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Yup! Put any weight automatically cranks itself up level... really cool actually...

I'v had up to 1500# in the back (bags of top soil) and she still leveled up! I didn't think it would

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I would think so....doesnt really make sense to me if it already levels for you

·
Registered
216 Posts
I would think so too but don't the trucks come from the factory with that forward rake for a reason? I thought it had to do with aerodynamics/mpg. Maybe to compensate for loads?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Yes - it "levels" the truck.

No - it's not perfectly level as RAM specs a rake (front down/rear up) with about a 1" - 1.5" difference - rear will be higher. This is to help with aerodynamics and fuel economy, as well as to counter high speed lift on the front end, I'm sure...not that THAT should be any kind of issue with bricks like these.

No - aftermarket leveling kits will not work - the air suspension is not like a normal spring/shock/strut suspension - the air bags are the springs. There are, to my knowledge, no kits that work with the air suspension on the market. I'd expect any kind of changes you'd like to make would need to be custom for the near future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts