RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a weird problem. On my 2015 Ram Laramie all of the sudden my doors will not lock or unlock with the FOB or the button on the door handle, or the switch on the inside. I was at a gas station coming home from a snowmobile trip, Locked the truck to go in. When i came out the FOB would not unlock the doors, Lights flashed but heard no actuator on any of the doors, tailgate or the RamBox, I had to used the key to get in. Tried the door lock button on the inside, does not work on the driver or the passenger doors. Everything else works just fine. Tried the button on the door, that does not work, neither does the unlock handle feature. Replaced the batteries in the FOB no difference. The remote starts works just fine so i know i have a connection. Is there a fuse or module that is specific to operating the locks on the tailgate, Rambox and doors.

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
As Ecosparky said , are the 2 fobs near the truck ??

different condition in here , doors worked , but not able to start .:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No, have them both in the house. But i just came in from running a search with my BlueDriver OBD scan tool. I ran it for checking modules, It came back and said
"4 front control module (Central Gateway) Codes
B180. Status: Confirmed-All doors Unlock Control Circuit/Performance: Circuit Short to Ground.
B182C. Confirmed-All doors lock Control Circuit/Performance: Circuit Short to Ground.
U0199: Status Confirmed- Lost Communication with Driver Door Module, No sub type information
U0200: Status Confirmed- Lost Communication with Passenger Door Module, No sub type information

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Check the wiring harness on the drivers door at the door frame for chaffing. It may have taken out the fuse too. I'd check the fuse but be cautious replacing as it may still be a dead short.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Check the wiring harness on the drivers door at the door frame for chaffing. It may have taken out the fuse too. I'd check the fuse but be cautious replacing as it may still be a dead short.
There is a rubber boot, Is that what you are referring to, I assume i need to remove that. I checked the 30amp fuses last knight, still good.
Do i need to remove the plastic inside door skin also ?

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I am only assuming that this area would be the most obvious place due to the door movement. However I dont want to lead you in the wrong direction tearing into things when rain or moisture could be causing the issue anywhere in the wiring. I'm surprised that there would be a 30a fuse. Are you sure there's not a smaller sub-fuse in the system for the drivers door actuator?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am only assuming that this area would be the most obvious place due to the door movement. However I dont want to lead you in the wrong direction tearing into things when rain or moisture could be causing the issue anywhere in the wiring. I'm surprised that there would be a 30a fuse. Are you sure there's not a smaller sub-fuse in the system for the drivers door actuator?
I will check, I thought the same thing last night 30Amp? but on the fuse panel and in the RAM book for Driver and Passanger Door module it says "F20, F24 Pink 30Amp", I just noticed the location F14 is the Body Controller #4 Power Locks, i am going to l check that out.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I checked and the BCM #1 door unlock/lock 40 Amp location F14 was blown, replaced it, key FOB would still not work but i pressed the Lock/Unlock on the door and they locked, then unlocked and did not work again. 40Amp fuse is still good, i Ohm'ed it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will check, I thought the same thing last night 30Amp? but on the fuse panel and in the RAM book for Driver and Passanger Door module it says "F20, F24 Pink 30Amp", I just noticed the location F14 is the Body Controller #4 Power Locks, i am going to l check that out.
So i just picked up my truck after 2 days at the RAM dealer, the rep called me several times asking me questions, I appreciated that. Finally got it back, EcoSparky you were correct, it was a faulty connection in my door, Weird thing was it affected my TPMS readings as well as my door locks. He said it took the technician over 8 hours to find it. Not sure what the average rate would be per hour, guessing at least $120. per hour. Glad i purchased a warranty through FCA when i bought this.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So, it is back. Worked great for a few days then the door lock quit working again. Here is what i noticed, every time i wash my truck it seems to happen, it lasts for a few days then works fine. I live in Mpls so it is cold right now. I think somehow water is getting into some connection and either staying wet or freezing, as it dries out they start to work again. Anyone know where or if there is some sort of Door lock module that may be exposed to the elements and causing this ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts