RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wanted to tell everyone a story about how I was on a long trip in my eco diesel which i love with cruise control on and I pushed my foot down onto the accelerator slightly to pass and I got a code called electronic throttle control error I continue driving nothing seemed wrong about 200 miles later in the trip I got diesel particulate filter 100% full error code (never gave 80% warning) and later in the trip I got turbo under boost error code apparently with throttle error DPF regen is halted (why?!) The truck went into limp mode which is very annoying on the highway couldn’t really pass, top speed is limited and didn’t go up the hills very well I tried and tried when I got home to reset these with my ODB reader but nothing would work I finally had to take it to the dealer because i read here that driving too far with DPF full can destroy the truck. i told him I felt nothing was wrong this had something to do with the throttle pedal and my method of driving but really nothing underlying was wrong they finally had to do a hard reset on the diesel particulate filter burn out the carbon which I couldn’t do with the reset device at home run it for a while and the turbo boost error went away, throttle pedal error went away and everything went back to normal but it was a nightmare. Dealer says you can avoid all that by not touching two pedals at the same time. driving for months now no problems. but touching two pedals in cruise or touching the accelerator can destroy your truck. luckily i was still under 100,000 mile drivetrain warrantee. so no cost. but this could have been bad. just FYI. maybe RAM corporate people will read this. touching the pedal in cruise shouldn’t destroy your truck.

·
Registered
2019 RAM 1500 Tradesman 4X2 EcoDiesel
108 Posts
I wanted to tell everyone a story about how I was on a long trip in my eco diesel which i love with cruise control on and I pushed my foot down onto the accelerator slightly to pass and I got a code called electronic throttle control error I continue driving nothing seemed wrong about 200 miles later in the trip I got diesel particulate filter 100% full error code (never gave 80% warning) and later in the trip I got turbo under boost error code apparently with throttle error DPF regen is halted (why?!) The truck went into limp mode which is very annoying on the highway couldn’t really pass, top speed is limited and didn’t go up the hills very well I tried and tried when I got home to reset these with my ODB reader but nothing would work I finally had to take it to the dealer because i read here that driving too far with DPF full can destroy the truck. i told him I felt nothing was wrong this had something to do with the throttle pedal and my method of driving but really nothing underlying was wrong they finally had to do a hard reset on the diesel particulate filter burn out the carbon which I couldn’t do with the reset device at home run it for a while and the turbo boost error went away, throttle pedal error went away and everything went back to normal but it was a nightmare. Dealer says you can avoid all that by not touching two pedals at the same time. driving for months now no problems. but touching two pedals in cruise or touching the accelerator can destroy your truck. luckily i was still under 100,000 mile drivetrain warrantee. so no cost. but this could have been bad. just FYI. maybe RAM corporate people will read this. touching the pedal in cruise shouldn’t destroy your truck.
I regularly put my foot on the throttle to the point where I feel the right resistance before cancelling CC. That makes a very smooth transition, with no increase or decrease in throttle. Were you touching the brake and throttle pedals at the same time?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The electronic throttle control message just means there is a cel and its going to go into limp mode its generic. The underboost code would have came first and thus locked out or disabled regen. Touching the pedal while in cruise didnt cause the issue something else is wrong and the dealer is clueless.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts