RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really concerned, just wondering if anyone has experienced this: when my truck does a regen, it's taking much longer than prior to the AEM update. I think it's done three regens since I had the update done (about three weeks ago) and I've noticed that it sits at "80% full" for probably 10 minutes before beginning to decrease, even if the regen begins while the truck is already at operating temps. However, once the percentages begin to decrease, it does so rather quickly, taking maybe 2-3 minutes to complete. Anyone else have a similar experience?

·
Registered
4,337 Posts
Mine always took 10-15 minutes to do a regen, so I'm guessing that what you see is perhaps that it is reporting differently. I have noticed that the regens occur more frequently, as expected. This tells me that the DPF will not last as long as before, but then we have additional warranty for that....:confused:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine always took 10-15 minutes to do a regen, so I'm guessing that what you see is perhaps that it is reporting differently. I have noticed that the regens occur more frequently, as expected. This tells me that the DPF will not last as long as before, but then we have additional warranty for that....:confused:
I've heard the DPF is costly to replace. It is covered under the AEM warranty? Just how long does that warranty last? I have an extended warranty good until 125,000 miles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts