RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guy's.

After coming close to having a stroke, waiting for this dang thing to be built and shipped... it showed up late Wed evening. Then, I played hooky, and finalized my deal on Thursday morning. I had a control code from a friend, and there was around $4500 worth of rebates... so I wound up with around $9k from the MSRP. ($46,830)

You can see the details of the truck in my signature line.

I've managed to put around 150 miles on it over the last 2 days... and on a trip to my folks house in Ligonire PA... I got 26.3 MPG !! My 2010, 4.7L 5 speed would only do 16.5 mpg on that run.

So far... I've installed a Extang Trifecta Tonneau cover, yanked the foam off the top of the engine, and installed my cabin air filter. Oh... on that note... I've bee seeing that guys were having issues with the cover not fitting. All I can say is... push the door on harder. The part number I provided snaps on just fine, with enough pressure.

Finally... I couldn't resist stating my feelings on the back window. (LOL)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Awesome!! Congrats! If I may ask which rear did you get?
Beautiful truck!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Nice truck, glad it finally arrived for you!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
What's the part # for that cabin air filter? The door and the filter if you please... congrats on the beauty truck!! nice colour!!!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the complements.

Awesome!! Congrats! If I may ask which rear did you get?
Beautiful truck!
The "stock" 3.55's

I'll get some towing info later next week.

What's the part # for that cabin air filter? The door and the filter if you please... congrats on the beauty truck!! nice colour!!!

http://www.ram1500diesel.com/forum/ram-1500-diesel-general-discussion/384-need-favor-guys-who-got-their-ecodiesels-already.html

page 2 has the part numbers.

·
Registered
369 Posts
congrats........It's beautiful!! I might need to get of this forum for a while so I don't get jealous of you guys with your new trucks....I just ordered mine yesterday......I'm hoping for mid June!! gonna be a slow spring!!

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Congrats Doc!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Congrats! Looks great! I got mine on Friday and am really happy with it. I think they are going to be great trucks for all of us.

·
Registered
396 Posts
how much of a sound difference was there with the foam removed?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nice! Same color as mine. Got close to 1,200 miles on mine. Where did you get that sticker on the rear window? Got to have one. Yes, you have push that cover on real hard to make it snap on.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nice truck Dr. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and it is in D status (Firm schedule serial number assigned) but dealer can't say how long before they build and ship. So I am now as you were, on hold status awaiting a stroke!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how much of a sound difference was there with the foam removed?
Its noticeable from outside, but doesn't change the volume in the cab.

....... Where did you get that sticker on the rear window? Got to have one. .......
I have a vinyl cutter in the basement. I could cut a few for the guys here, as long as you guys cover the basics. (shipping and materials)

Nice truck Dr. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago and it is in D status (Firm schedule serial number assigned) but dealer can't say how long before they build and ship. So I am now as you were, on hold status awaiting a stroke!
Waiting to be built isn't bad. The killer is when you know its built, but it sits in a depot for 3 weeks, before it gets to you. The thing that really killed me was... I'm only 200mi away from where it was parked.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I like the sticker too.

·
Registered
13,683 Posts
I LOVE the sticker. That on the outside or inside of the window?

Sure a nice truck. I mean REAL NICE. Now go run the snot out of it.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's on the outside of the window.

I'll cut a few this week, and I'll let you guys know. I think it would be OK in a regular envelope... but I'll verify.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts