RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about the temp numbers to see what other guys are seeing for normal operating ranges.

Coolant temp: 206
Trans Temp: 192
Oil Temp.: 212
Oil Pressure 26psi

The numbers above or pretty normal on my truck unloaded highway speeds of 68mph. these numbers were with an outside temp of 83 degrees. I'm not alarmed with the coolant temp at 206, but seems a little high, probably just have a higher thermostat in.Seems like the Thermostat kicks in at about 208. Coolant levels were good. I've towed the boat twice now with it this week and the temps really don't change from the above temps, except for the trans temp goes up to about 217.

Just trying to figure out what the normal temps are. Already ran it by a Tech at the dealership I bought the truck at, he said it was pretty close to what they were seeing in the 2013 Cherokee's with the 3.0L

·
Registered
453 Posts
Thats about average of what im seeing.

Reactions: Pip

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
i'm in Northern CA, your temps are comparable to what I see, maybe a tick higher but not anything i would be too concerned. my trans temp seems to run right around 172-178, oil around 198-202 and oil pressure 22-23. its upper 80's low 90's which is pretty mild for this area this time of year. Also EGT at highway speed, steady 65-70 is right at 800 or so.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Bang on what I am seeing now consistantly with 6K on the clock....

·
Registered
453 Posts
i'm in Northern CA, your temps are comparable to what I see, maybe a tick higher but not anything i would be too concerned. my trans temp seems to run right around 172-178, oil around 198-202 and oil pressure 22-23. its upper 80's low 90's which is pretty mild for this area this time of year. Also EGT at highway speed, steady 65-70 is right at 800 or so.
How are you reading your EGT, just curious.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Can't say for sure but I know you can see it with an obd2 Bluetooth adapter and torque app.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Go see my towing threads. Apparently the thermostat does not fully open until 228deg. My temp gauge is dead center when the engine is running in the mid 220's. It's just designed to run hotter than we're used to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts