RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

Driver side rear blinker and backup cam

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DavidG 
#1 ·
Hey everyone was hoping someone could help me out with some ideas before i go off to the dealership. my eco diesel has indicated that the rear driver side turn signal is out however it works fine it even blinks at the normal speed even though the indicator on the dash is spazing out as if the bulb was burned out also when this started the backup cam decided it wanted to stop working so im thinking they are related and could possibly be a fuse or cable? i looked up under the rear of the truck none of the wires running the frame looked damaged ive seen a few threads about the cam but havn't really seen any that included the blinker as a symptom of the root cause so not sure if they are related or coincidental. I will also add that i did disconnect the battery for about an hour as i saw a couple threads that said that helped some but did nothing for my truck.

Edit: I also have baja design pods installed where my fog lights are supposed to be but thats been that way for over a year now.

#4 ·
Second to check the third brake light.
If your back up camera is acting up, check and clean the large connection at the bottom of the tailgate. Another connection to check is the one on the back of the camera, you'll need to pull the tailgate access panel off to get to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.