RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
Same here, Mopar
The Mopar filter in our truck is also the same part # as used w/ 6.4 Hemi in the trucks. If I'm not mistaken, GDE stated the OEM filter can out flow what the stock turbo can pump into the EcoD.
Someone on another forum figured out that using the air filter, lower part of the air box and inlet snorkel from an EcoDiesel in a 5.7 Hemi truck will improve it's intake aiflow.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I think you cant go wrong with Mopar. Same as the HD trucks. They flow enough and provide the best filtration, which is number 1 in my book.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I use a K&N air filter. A lot of folks crap on them, but ran one on my Hemi Magnum wagon for almost 400,000 miles, every oil test came back great, and it never used a drop of oil. My oil tests on the Ecodiesel with the K&N show lower (silicon) present than the oem Mopar filter. The other element that I look for, here in Maine is (sodium) from the clouds of salt dust thrown up from road salt, and it's very low with K&N. btw, the Ecodiesel filter will fit in the hemi's air box and it's about 2x's deeper. I dropped it into my shop truck, a 2017 hemi. Mopar for fuel, Ecoguard for oil. Like I said, oil reports are looking very good.

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
and what do you know about its filtering capability?
All I know is that I've had it on for ~100,000 miles and have shaken the dirt out of it a few times and my oil analyses are looking great. I bring up the oil analyses because there does not appear to have been any debris getting by to scar the cylinders and allow blow by.

Edit: Also, fuel mileage hasn't been affected.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Ive used a fram and an ecogard air filter.

Oil filters have used STP, the factory original, Mahle, and ecogard.

I have and will only use the mopar fuel filter.

·
Registered
3,912 Posts
Is the Mopar filter still the only brand that is thick with more media than the Wix or other?
I believe ecogard and possibly some others have models that very closely resemble the OEM filter. They are probably sufficient, but im gonna stick with the mopar fuel filter for now.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Oh that reminds me of the WIx. I had bought one for my HD and compared it to the Mopar. Other than the media being a slightly different color, the pleat count, dimensions, rubber molding, were all identical.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
and what do you know about its filtering capability?
Have a couple of minutes so I will bite...have 165,000 miles on same filter with a UOA demonstrating 12 Silicone after 11,000 miles on a UOA.

As an engineer...please tell me what that number means for filtration of the aFe dry medium filter...

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Oh that reminds me of the WIx. I had bought one for my HD and compared it to the Mopar. Other than the media being a slightly different color, the pleat count, dimensions, rubber molding, were all identical.
When I was up at Trenton engine North plant all of the oil filters had a part number and the words "FACTORY INSTALLED" stamped on the filters nothing else. The plastic containers the filter came in were stamp with "PROPERTY OF WIX FILTERS" and "RETURN TO WIX FILTERS"

I run Wix oil filters and Mopar air filters.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Hi: All... At present I'm using a CarQuest air filter, their replacement part # for OEM. Same square dimentions but slightly less deep. Only 20 bucks so I can afford to change it more often. As for my beer I use my teeth. Still chewy but no lumps!!!
Dieseldragon North shore of Lake Erie.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts