RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ive been using Wix dry reusable element. Looks like factory in size, shape exct. No milage diff but reusable. Have stock truck. Noticed turbo lag down low was impruved when new. One dealer made note of non stock filter being used at one oil change. Ive been told to stay away from oiled filters. Happy so far 65000 miles.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Same here, Mopar
The Mopar filter in our truck is also the same part # as used w/ 6.4 Hemi in the trucks. If I'm not mistaken, GDE stated the OEM filter can out flow what the stock turbo can pump into the EcoD.
Someone on another forum figured out that using the air filter, lower part of the air box and inlet snorkel from an EcoDiesel in a 5.7 Hemi truck will improve it's intake aiflow.
CRASH, saw that, LOL.. Just not sure I'm gonna jump and get a diff lower box... Since stock, I am OK. Wonder, do we ever have to replace the "COVER" air filter on these boxes???? have not seen ne thing on that. have U???

FWIW, have a drop in dry AEM in my Hemi, maybe a lil more air, no notice on ne thing else.....

·
Super Moderator
3,870 Posts
Just not sure I'm gonna jump and get a diff lower box....
This mod is for the Gen4 trucks, I believe you ha e a Gen5. Although if the filter is the same between the two, someone could use the filter. Not sure the air boxes the same but the big difference is the size of the inlet snorkel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just did R&R about an hour ago. To my surprise disappointment the WIX was a good 3/8" thinner and missing the center adhesive bead on the pleats. I will pull it out at 15K next fuel filter change and go back to MOPAR. Hopefully thinner just means getting dirty faster and not restricting flow.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts