RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My truck used 1/2 tank of DEF in the 1st 2500 miles. My CEL popped on and was on for 4 days then went away after towing my boat with my truck 75 miles. That was almost 3 weeks ago. No More CEL and DEF usage seems nonexistent. Has anyone noticed a drop in DEF usage following a regeneration?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would welcome a drop in def use. I only have 1200 miles and have used an eighth of a tank assuming the dealer actualy topped it off.. Havn't had a posted regen or cel yet. At the rate it's going I can't see it stretching 10k. No towing yet by the way. A lot of commuter traffic and an slow dirt road excursion.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I really haven't seen the usage some have. I just turned over 2700 miles and DEF is showing about 7/8ths of a tank. I haven't really been driving too much hwy speeds lately, though. Mostly country backroads where I might be around 45-55mph most of the time. I also don't idle much, think I'm showing 3 hrs idle time according to the EVICT.

·
Registered
241 Posts
It is funny that you post this as I was thinking the same thing, I filled my tank at 6100 miles and now have 7900 on and it has not gone below the full mark yet. I did have a regen at 6900 mile and I stuffed the tank when I filled it. I wonder if having the tank completely full we will realize the 10,000 mile mark if we are not towing?

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have 2000 miles on my truck the def was on 3/4 when I picked it up it's now just below the 3/4 line I'm glad the idle time was noted I have 3 hours also

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have noticed the same thing. I have close to 5k on this tank of def and am sitting just over 1/2 tank left. First tank of def only lasted 6k

·
Registered
277 Posts
If you scrol to vehicle info go down in that sub mode it will tell you idle time and drive time if I remember right most of the idle time was on it when I picked up the truck I tried to hint at the guys that were getting a cel to see how much idle time they were showing but not ever came of it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts