RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2014 1500 SLT Eco diesel on order with the Big Horn package.

The Ram website states dual exhaust is standard on the Big Horn package (does not specify engine but list 3.6 as standard). It appears the 5.7 Big Horn is equipped with dual exhaust and the Big Horn with the 3.6 is equipped with single exhaust (based on vehicles I have looked at locally).

Does the 3.0 Eco diesel with the Big Horn package come equipped with dual exhaust?

Thanks......

·
Registered
396 Posts
I actually wish it wasn't. I don't expect it to smoke much but if it does while pulling my boat its going to make a mess.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
With the DPF, there shouldn't be soot problems.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
366 Posts
the ecodiesel does have duals standard across the board, and I saw zero soot at all driving the cherokee no matter what we did but we werent towing

·
Registered
396 Posts
I know and most tuners are set up now a days to be more efficient and billow black smoke. I guess I always like the single 4" exhaust of a diesel. Seems like duals are more of a gasser thing

·
Registered
75 Posts
In Canada it is possible to build an SLT with a single exhaust and an ED, that is what my dealer presented me with as an option over the Outdoorsman I wanted but they weren't able to get built. From what I understood the Outdoorsman is also single exhaust. I want the single, I like the clean look of the back bumper, and if I can move the exhaust away from my overhanging cargo that would be preferred.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
In Canada it is possible to build an SLT with a single exhaust and an ED, that is what my dealer presented me with as an option over the Outdoorsman I wanted but they weren't able to get built. From what I understood the Outdoorsman is also single exhaust. I want the single, I like the clean look of the back bumper, and if I can move the exhaust away from my overhanging cargo that would be preferred.
Well..... Probably not. Up in Canada, you guys have been able to order for a long time, and your dealers haven't given any restrictions. In the USA, if we try to order something that isn't possible, it kicks us out of the system. Right now... You can't even order an Outdoorsman with the Diesel. There was a VERY small window that they would take them... but you had to order the 20" wheels to get it. (and it would have been dual exh)

·
Registered
177 Posts
class3204- According to my dealer I am getting my Ecodiesel Tradesman next Monday or Tuesday. I don't think the Ecodiesel Tradesman comes with dual exhaust, but not sure. We will see next week and let you all know... would be nice if it did!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Well..... Probably not. Up in Canada, you guys have been able to order for a long time, and your dealers haven't given any restrictions. In the USA, if we try to order something that isn't possible, it kicks us out of the system. Right now... You can't even order an Outdoorsman with the Diesel. There was a VERY small window that they would take them... but you had to order the 20" wheels to get it. (and it would have been dual exh)
oh we get plenty of restrictions, our Outdoorsman is actually a lower trim than our Big Horn, and our Big Horn doesn't even come with the same grade interior as the one you guys get down south yours get's the premium bench with fold flat floor and split rear and we get the standard non-power bench. To tell the truth, the Outdoorsman and SLT don't come with duals in the standard config even with a Hemi so I have a hard time believing they'd make them dual just for the diesel. Heck I don't think duals are even an option on a Hemi Outdoorsman.

I hope duals aren't standard! It's just extra weight IMHO.

As you've seen me state before, to me our biggest restriction is not being allowed to order an ED with a bench seat, preferably the premium one you guys get std. in your BH trim.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I meant "Restrictions" in the sense that you SHOULD be able to order something.... but for some reason you can't at the moment.

I wanted an Outdoorsman... but the system wasn't allowing it as an ED. So, I had to order a BigHorn.

·
Registered
75 Posts
the ecodiesel does have duals standard across the board, and I saw zero soot at all driving the cherokee no matter what we did but we werent towing
Just a heads up that both the SLTs EDs with buckets and 20's on the lot on Saturday did not have duals.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just a heads up that both the SLTs EDs with buckets and 20's on the lot on Saturday did not have duals.
Did you notice if they had the Big Horn badge on the tail gate?

I have a SLT with the Big Horn package on order (Ecodiesel). I was told by the dealer that my truck would have duals. I have noticed local 3.6 gas Big Horns only have single exhaust. The only trucks that have duals locally are with the 5.7 engine. No Eco's on the local lots.

I hope the dealer did not give me bad info!

·
Registered
75 Posts
In Canada we have a Big Horn model, it's not a package, and they all have duals so you will likely be fine.

We have a 'decor' package for the SLT which brings the SLT up to near Big Horn trim and also adds the duals, this sounds similar to your Big Horn 'package' down south. These particular SLTs did not have the 'decor' package.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In Canada we have a Big Horn model, it's not a package, and they all have duals so you will likely be fine.

We have a 'decor' package for the SLT which brings the SLT up to near Big Horn trim and also adds the duals, this sounds similar to your Big Horn 'package' down south. These particular SLTs did not have the 'decor' package.
Thanks for the response. On my US SLT order it is listed as "customer preferred package 28Z" which is the Big Horn. At the end of the day model/package are probably the same thing.

Duals are a must for me == brings me back to the 70's........:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts