RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I ordered a Dualliner for my new ED. Over the years, I've had normal drop-in (including OEM) I've had spray-in (Line-X and Rhino) and I've even done a DIY with a kit from the autoparts store. (I think it was Hurculiner)

Anyway... back in the day... I had a simple rubber mat in my old Toyota, and liked the "Grippyness" of it. So... a few days ago, I stumbled across the Dualliner, and I thought... "Why not?" It's basically a hard plastic liner for the sidewalls, and tail gate, and a rubber mat for the floor. So... it should give the benefit of both. AND... it's removable. (unlike a spray in)

I'm assuming I will have it mid-week. I'll install it, and post up some pics once it arrives.

If anyone else has bought one... le me know what you think of it.

Reactions: Pip

·
Registered
4 Posts
I saw the web page link on another forums ads pages for this liner. Are the panels tight-fitting? How does it differ from a drop-in?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw the web page link on another forums ads pages for this liner. Are the panels tight-fitting? How does it differ from a drop-in?
I don't have it yet... so all I know is the info from the web site. I'm sure by the end of the week, I can answer your Q's.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I just ordered one. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Tony! I watched the videos on the Dual Liner and it looks great.

I've had issues in the past from spray-ins with covered drain holes (water collects in the bed), and various bolts and cargo hooks over-sprayed that I'm not sure I want to go that route.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey... if anyone orders one... use me as a "Referral". That way we both get a $25 gift certificate.

I got a tracking # on mine last night... so I'll have it in a couple days. I'll post up once it gets here.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I got my UPS shipment info this afternoon. Dr Honda is it too late to do the referral? It was your thread that got me to check it out.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Dr Honda its not too late send me your name, address, phone number, email address, order number, and the where you bought it to my private message. I have the info pulled up to send.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
so just watched the video, looks pretty good and mainly like the idea of the floor covering instead of the spray on (my Tundra I used the Rhino spray in liner). Definitely like the thick floor covering instead of spray on as i did scratch the hell out of the bed... all that said, the one thing that i'm curious is what about the top bed rail area? is there anything available to cover that area?

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Dr Honda its not too late send me your name, address, phone number, email address, order number, and the where you bought it to my private message. I have the info pulled up to send.
OK. I'll send the info in a second.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
.........all that said, the one thing that i'm curious is what about the top bed rail area? is there anything available to cover that area?
The truck has factory plastic rails. Or am I misunderstanding?

·
Registered
438 Posts
The outdoorsman has the factory rail covers.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
OK boys and Girls... Here it is.

First... it's a very well made bed liner. The plastic side walls are as thick as any "Drop-in" type liner. (around 1/8" to 3/16") Everything fits as it should.

The first part to put in is the cab wall. On our Ram's... it's a little on the tight side, since it has an over hang to cover the top bed rail... but the sides have to go under the factory plastic side bed rails.

From there... the 2 sides go in. They go under the bed rail... and just push in tight. To help secure the sides to the cab wall... there are 4 plastic trees that get pushed in.

Once you have the 3 walls in... then the rubber floor drops into place. This step isn't easy, since the mat weighs around 40 Lbs. To me, it looks like the DeeZee rubber mat. (strong USA made) Also, the rubber mat is at least 3/8" thick. The edges of the mat get captured into a channel on the sides.

The last part to install is the tail gate . The simple way to mount it, is to remove the screws from the access panel (#30 torx) then use the supplied spacers, to bolt the tail gate plastic down.

Right now, there is just a few lumps in the mat... but I'm sure they will flatten out once it gets warm out. (it was only around 50F during the installation) Also, one of the sides were a little warped at the edge of the bed. But, since there were a few plastic trees left... and there was already a convenient hole in the bed side... I simply drilled a hole in the plastic, and put a tree in, to hold the side in place. And, here again... once it gets warm... I'm sure this will flatten out.

It took me around 30 min to install it by myself... but it would be advised to have a helper for the rubber mat.

Over all... I'm happy with liner. As they claim, the heavy plastic will protect the bed, and the rubber mat will keep things from sliding around. And... best of all... if you can get a friend referral, ($25 gift card) and up load a video ($50 gift card)... it will wind up being only around $300!!

If you have any Q's... just post up.

Oh.. I almost forgot... I ordered it on Sunday... the order was processed on Monday, and I had it at the house on Wed. (Fast shipping)

Reactions: gleb

·
Registered
231 Posts
Looks great! Mine will be here on Monday.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks great! Mine will be here on Monday.
Just an fyi...

I got an email about the gift cards and the referral. Looks like these guys are legit.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thats great news. A benefit on top of a good deal. I got an extra $10 off for being in public safety too!!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Got mine today and installed in 15 minutes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
To those who have had a Dualliner for a while: Are you still satisfied with it? I'm picking up my Big Horn quad cab ED next week and want to order the bed liner.

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep. I like it.

I didn't get the factory spray liner because they start to look bad... and the plastic drop-in isn't worth a dam, since everything slides around.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts