RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Long time update: It’s a bust. Tuner has been ignoring me. I’m out around $480 after it’s all said and done.
I guess my only option is take to dealer to perform a reflash/stock reset. I got quoted $170. I just have to figure how if I’m gonna pull it or tow it over since I can’t above 1500 RPM. It’s about 7 miles away.
Plan is to get the ECU back to stock then do the right thing and fix it. I appreciate everyone’s interest and help. Kinda sucks to be the space monkey and lose $500 and have to spend even more now but I hope this teaches people to not use eBay tunes.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Long time update: It’s a bust. Tuner has been ignoring me. I’m out around $480 after it’s all said and done.
I guess my only option is take to dealer to perform a reflash/stock reset. I got quoted $170. I just have to figure how if I’m gonna pull it or tow it over since I can’t above 1500 RPM. It’s about 7 miles away.
Plan is to get the ECU back to stock then do the right thing and fix it. I appreciate everyone’s interest and help. Kinda sucks to be the space monkey and lose $500 and have to spend even more now but I hope this teaches people to not use eBay tunes.
I could help you get the ECM back to stock without taking it to the dealer. But it sounds like you'd still have to take it due to the other issues.

·
Registered
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Ecodiesel
61 Posts
Aww bummer, sounded promising in the beginning.
Sorry you got a short end of the stick.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I could help you get the ECM back to stock without taking it to the dealer. But it sounds like you'd still have to take it due to the other issues.
Just like the guy who tuned it for me?
I kid. If you can really, I’d really appreciate that. I’ll PM you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Damnit! I know we were all hoping it worked out good!

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
Just like the guy who tuned it for me?
I kid. If you can really, I’d really appreciate that. I’ll PM you.
I know you were kidding, but he's legit. Good offer.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I know you were kidding, but he's legit. Good offer.
I PM’d him. It’s amazing.
I really wish it would have worked out. Maybe it was the fact that I didn’t have a regen done before hand and in limp mode? Idk. It sucks but things happen. I just want my Jeep back hahaha the wife is currently deployed and hates me racking up miles on her car.

·
Registered
51 Posts
First and foremost, “Thank You for your service and your wife’s service.“
Second - Stay connected with this site and any other ecodiesel related sites. There are a lot of good people on here that can help, offer advice, and provide guidance that can make life much easier.
You’ve learned a hard lesson and shared it with us, I commend you for that.
Best of luck getting your issues fixed and your JGC back on the road.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Glad to hear you’re back up and running.
You might be able to get your money back from the eBay seller if he failed to deliver the product he promised. I’ve done it several times and have been successful. It’s at least worth a try.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts