RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Starts in Great Britain, Stops All Over The World
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's to a new year, lets hope 2022 leaves 2021 in its smoke! To start the year off we at EBC Brakes would like to give you car enthusiasts the chance of winning one free set of pads (front or rear) for any vehicle of your choice. One randomly selected forum member can choose any pad from our entire range.

To enter for your chance to win, I would like you to share with us what you believe has been the number one mod/upgrade you have made to your vehicle that everyone should do?

The lucky winner will be randomly selected and announced within a few days after the closing date of 1st February 2022 and details will be posted on this forum within a few days of the closing date.

Please be aware that this thread may appear in more than one section on the forum and one winner will be selected from the whole forum, not a winner per thread.
Pad choice will be based on availability and where a chosen pad is unavailable, an alternative will be offered.

If you are not the lucky winner, EBC Brakes are pleased to be able to offer a 10% discount off their braking products to all members of the forum community using code FORUM10USER
This discount code can be redeemed at EBC Brakes Direct | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Brake Discs or with our USA partners at Perfect Brakes | EBC Brake Pads | EBC Rotors

Any questions or application issues please let us know.

GOOD LUCK………

EBC Brakes’ Range of High-Performance Automotive Braking Products

When it comes to performance aftermarket braking components, there aren’t many names that are embedded as deeply into the scene as EBC Brakes.

EBC Brakes is an independently owned and managed brake manufacturer, employing over 400 people across the UK and US, and produces the world’s largest range of brake pads and discs for virtually anything with wheels.

Supplying some of the best-selling ranges of brake pads and rotors for the majority of cars, EBC Brakes is a solid choice when it comes to improving your stopping power.

·
Registered
99 Posts
To enter for your chance to win, I would like you to share with us what you believe has been the number one mod/upgrade you have made to your vehicle that everyone should do?

Wow, that's a tough one.

I bought my ED used and unmolested in May of 2021. I have added Bilstein adjustable shocks in the front to level her out, K&N filter to help her breathe easier, an ECM with a GDE hot tune (phenomenal performance), a Westin wrap around brush guard, running boards, wetsuit seat covers, dash mat, and a slew of other stuff.

I'm happy with each of the addons that I have done, but I think the best choice over all was the new BFG Trail Terrain tires I put on last month. The truck came with BFG KO2's and they rode pretty harshly. The new BFG's ride ALOT nicer and are quieter as well. I honestly didn't think the difference would be that stark, but there it is.

The ECM is a biggie too, put the great performance of the GDE tune with smoooooth riding new tires, and I honestly love my truck (again).

·
Registered
2016 Laramie Limited Crew Cab 4x4 with Air Suspension and GDE Hot Tune. 253,000 KM.
1,864 Posts
To measure one's preference of "THE BEST" mod is so subjective.
I had my truck GDE tuned many years ago and it's truly been a dealership avoidance tool ever since. Never had a CEL or Service Electronic Throttle message since the tune.
After deleting the EGR/Cooler and getting the tune, my truck has not seen a dealer since its first oil change and it now has 258,000kms. The factory rear brake linings delaminated from the backing plates and threw one of the linings onto a Buffalo highway as I drove. Replaced the brakes with a Napa product which were dissapointing because of the increased amount of brake dust and some squeal. A few months back I replaced my front pads using the EBC Green Stuff #DP71738 and I am thrilled with the performance. Zero dust, no fade, great stopping power and they appear to have barely worn so they should last a long time.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
As far as best mod for ecodiesels specifically ecm tuning hands down should be first I was about to trade mine off but once tuned I decided to keep it long term. Now vehicles in general I would say tires most oem tires are lacking from the factory.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Best mod is certainly GDE tune

Second best mod is driver mod. Taking my wife out of the driver's seat is the quickest way for the truck to feel that much more improved!!

Happy new year!

·
Premium Member
2,693 Posts
The GDE Compliant Tune has been my best modification that I think everyone should do. (y)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts