RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the Eco Diesel specific commercial on the ID channel. It has an athlete running in the night with the truck. Nice to see its being advertised.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Is that the same one where they are gathered around a campfire with an Airstream trailer off to the side? That particular commercial shows the ED pulling that trailer by the ocean, I believe.

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
I have seen more than that one. Only watch motorcycle racing and there they are.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I believe it was at night driving across a bridge . The information in the commercial only mentioned the EcoDiesel.

·
Registered
13,970 Posts
Just saw that on the coverage of the MOTOGP French race today. Stupid.

Someone drives a truck across a bridge at night. Then it cuts to some black guy getting into a runners start stance in the middle of a railroad track. Kept waiting for a train to run him over. What a bad example to show. Then he dirties his hands on dirty gravel between the tracks to get a start. Now how stupid is that? There's never a connection made between the two. No mention of who the guy is - maybe he's a famous athlete? The guy runs along. The truck drives along.

That's it. No tie-in or endorsement I can remember. Stupid. What's worse is someone got paid big money to think that up and do it. Wonder if it sells trucks?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Does anyone care how bad the commercial is, as long as Sam Elliot does the narration? He's gota have one of the coolest voices out there plugging goods.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Got to Nashville on Friday. LOVE this city! Watched the filming of a BudLight commercial downtown yesterday, but have yet to find these elusive EcoDiesel commercials...lol Yesterday they had live dancers on the street and a monster truck. Because they naturally seem to go together here!

No, you may not have my job ;), but if you have 10+ years experience in digital marketing, social media and running online businesses, and aren't afraid to stand on stage in front of a thousand people and give them business advice, I might look at creating a job for you. ;) it'd be nice to have a second version of me around. Very handy...lol

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
The ad links are here:

They were created by The Richards Group from Texas. It's the largest independent ad agency in the country and Chrysler is one of their many clients. They have done TV and prints ads for Ram such as "So God made a farmer." There was also a nice series of vintage-style Ram posters including these:

tpwl_boating_forpub_full_aotw.jpg tpwl_fishing_forpub_full_aotw.jpg ram_longhorn.jpg

You might remember their Motel 6 spots with Tom Bodett. And since it is the NBA playoffs I'll mention this amusing sauce ad featuring the San Antonio Spurs that was part of a series for a grocery chain.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Got to Nashville on Friday. LOVE this city! Watched the filming of a BudLight commercial downtown yesterday, but have yet to find these elusive EcoDiesel commercials...lol Yesterday they had live dancers on the street and a monster truck. Because they naturally seem to go together here!

No, you may not have my job ;), but if you have 10+ years experience in digital marketing, social media and running online businesses, and aren't afraid to stand on stage in front of a thousand people and give them business advice, I might look at creating a job for you. ;) it'd be nice to have a second version of me around. Very handy...lol
That would be fun, the public speaking is easy as pie. I'm a lawyer by profession so lying to people comes naturally. LOL! So when do I start?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts