RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1801 - 1806 of 1806 Posts

·
Administrator
9,430 Posts
2016 Eco diesel driving down the truck backfires for no reason and stalls lift up the hood saw flames and my was done for the truck was total. File claim with FCA steadfast not our fault They said just because there is a recall does not mean a fire can start Insurance wants me to take $8000.00 lost I aid no ^&%^&%$^%$^&%%^$#%$#&^%$^% way
That sucks. Perhaps try to get your insurance to help out a little more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,803 ·
Hard to imagine when I wrote the first post that there would be 1800 replies. My second ED has been remarkable. Many thanks to GDE for 115,000 miles of excellent oil reports from Blackstone. Solid 25 mpg. Getting close to needing another set of tires. Had struts and shocks done a few months ago. Now time to buy some products to change the trans, transfer case, and differential fluids. If the local dealer ever gets the EGR cooler fix I'll have to take it in after I spend a few minutes changing something out...

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hard to imagine when I wrote the first post that there would be 1800 replies. My second ED has been remarkable. Many thanks to GDE for 115,000 miles of excellent oil reports from Blackstone. Solid 25 mpg. Getting close to needing another set of tires. Had struts and shocks done a few months ago. Now time to buy some products to change the trans, transfer case, and differential fluids. If the local dealer ever gets the EGR cooler fix I'll have to take it in after I spend a few minutes changing something out...
I wish I didn't have emissions... vehicle should still last..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
You can add me to the list. Blew 9/22 with 9400 miles.
My 2016 ecodiesel blow up yesterday. Sent a rod right through my oil pan. Should still be under warranty for 5 mire months.. only had 61K miles.. Does Ram provide a loaner pickup truck while you wait for the parts and repair?

·
Administrator
9,430 Posts
My 2016 ecodiesel blow up yesterday. Sent a rod right through my oil pan. Should still be under warranty for 5 mire months.. only had 61K miles.. Does Ram provide a loaner pickup truck while you wait for the parts and repair?
Sorry to hear this. A loaner should be provided.

1801 - 1806 of 1806 Posts