RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a message from my local dealer about my request for the purchase of an Outdoorsman or Limited W/ Eco diesel 3lt that read as follows

"The eco diesels are on hold as of now to all dealerships. I will let you know when we begin to get the shipments into the dealership"

·
Registered
284 Posts
I think this is because they are switching the lines over to produce the 2015 models right now...likely won't start shipping until late summer or early fall.

·
Registered
556 Posts
It is likely that the dealership does not have an allotment to order. Not sure when orders switch over to 2015 - but you can ask the dealer when do the allotements open up (usually first week of the Month, around 6th/7th). Also make sure that they are putting the order in - as "Sold" and to you (not the dealer). Those orders have priority.

If you get the run around, it is most likely that the dealer is trying to sell you something on their lot - and does not want to order you one. Annoying - but it does happen.

Finally you can go to ramforumz, and contact SPP. Post on this thread -> 2014 status updates - where are you? - DODGE RAM FORUM - Ram Forums and Owners Club! - Dodge Truck Forum. He can tell you if it is the flip to 2015 - or if the dealer is not being fully truthful.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think this is because they are switching the lines over to produce the 2015 models right now...likely won't start shipping until late summer or early fall.
That and there is no standing inventory to draw from. They are almost all spoken for.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I run our fleet of trucks at work (we use Enterprise Fleet Management) and the cut of for 2014's was Friday the 13th. They're switching over to the 2015 production...available in the Fall.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I run our fleet of trucks at work (we use Enterprise Fleet Management) and the cut of for 2014's was Friday the 13th. They're switching over to the 2015 production...available in the Fall.
They are NOT switching over yet, trucks will be built for 2014 MY into July and potentially the first weeks of August. The fleet orders closed on 6/13 but dealers will have a July order window. My truck is scheduled to be built on 6/27 and multiple other trucks are on SPP's list to be built next week and a few in July. Most likely they are referring to the hold status that was placed on all EcoDiesels for a flash update before trucks were released a couple weeks ago or they are out of allotment and your order could be posted in July's window.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
They are still producing trucks for the next few weeks. They are not taking orders anymore. The scheduled tooling for 2015 MY begins on July 19th. Those are the facts.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
This applies to warren plant anyways

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Yep... what they said.

You can still order a 2014 ED. The problem is.....

1) Dealer over allotment
2) Dealer is over extended. (no more credit $ to buy a truck)
3)Is trying to sell you something they have.
4) You have ordered something that isn't available. (there have been some strange combo's that have been denied since the beginning)
5) You are ordering something that isn't being built in Warren. (std. cabs are built in Mex)

Go to another dealer, and see what happens. AND.... as above... the order will have to be marked as "Sold" to you.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Below is a quote from SPP (Chrysler/Ram Employee)

"Important upcoming dates for those of you on the list and not built yet or on the fence about ordering 2014 or 2015:

July 9th: Last 2014 1500 allocations open up, 2015 HD orders open.
July 11th: Last 2014 1500 orders due.
August 8th: 2015 1500 orders open.
August-ish: 2015 HD production starts.
Late September-ish: Last 2014 1500s built.
October-ish: 2015 1500s start production.

All tentative, estimated dates."

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Below is a quote from SPP (Chrysler/Ram Employee)

"Important upcoming dates for those of you on the list and not built yet or on the fence about ordering 2014 or 2015:

July 9th: Last 2014 1500 allocations open up, 2015 HD orders open.
July 11th: Last 2014 1500 orders due.
August 8th: 2015 1500 orders open.
August-ish: 2015 HD production starts.
Late September-ish: Last 2014 1500s built.
October-ish: 2015 1500s start production.

All tentative, estimated dates."
Does that mean last 2014 trucks begin being built late Sept or will begin delivery to dealer late Sept?

Also if 2015s start prod Oct-ish any idea when they would arrive? I know it's a guesstimate.

·
Registered
22 Posts
From what I understand, it means being built in late Sept. Keep in mind this is for the last allocated orders. Does not mean if you order today it wont be built until Sept. Delivery would follow.

Regarding 2014 or 15's, it still seems like the average is 8 weeks. There is a small factor of 3-5 days for the body vendor for accessories like spray in bed liner, etc. The main factor is the shipping. Just depends on how far the train has to go and when it gets scheduled to be loaded. As well as how long it sits at the final shipping yard awaiting truck delivery to the dealer. Mine took exactly 8 weeks.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Does that mean last 2014 trucks begin being built late Sept or will begin delivery to dealer late Sept?

Also if 2015s start prod Oct-ish any idea when they would arrive? I know it's a guesstimate.
Built - if it was shipped, SPP would have stated "shipped" - he works for Chrysler, so sees whatever the current, internal data is - he shares what he can...and it's worth keeping in mind that the info above was originally shared a couple weeks ago on another forum, so between then and now, things could have changed yet again. Can't see it changing by much, though.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
So if ordered on lets say July 10th then build would begin late September and would be targeting (8 weeks) late Nov for delivery? I know this is all rough estimate stuff but it really helps to get an understanding of what to expect. Thanks for the insight!!

·
Registered
360 Posts
I would expect a July order would be built late July to early Sept, I order 5/31, order was accepted with the June allocation on 6/11, built date is scheduled for 6/27. If that pattern holds for July's orders I would expect delivery 6-8 weeks after Sept 1, probably mid-October.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I would expect a July order would be built late July to early Sept, I order 5/31, order was accepted with the June allocation on 6/11, built date is scheduled for 6/27. If that pattern holds for July's orders I would expect delivery 6-8 weeks after Sept 1, probably mid-October.
Same thing I was told before I found one with options I wanted and bought it, could order and would take 4-8 weeks for delivery. Funny thing, out of the 5 dealers that responded to my USAA car buying service, only 1 actually HAD the diesel in stock on the lot. The other 4 tried to sell me 5.7 Hemi's. They offered great prices but I wanted the 3.0. 2 of them said they couldn't get them anymore this year. 1 came back and said I can now order one if you are still interested. I think some are over allotment as stated earlier, some just don't want to deal with it as they have a buttload of Hemi's to sell and some are good dealers like theone I ended up with who got me what I wanted and didn't try to sell me something else.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Salem, Ohio dealership has several (like 6+ ) Eco diesels on their lot. Looks like decent prices and I sure wouldn't go to the trouble of ordering one again if I could work a deal by phone/internet, get a cheap flight to Salem or a nearby airport, have the dealership send a runner out to pick me up, buy a truck same day and drive less than 10 hours home. Some people don't like driving that much, I would rather do some driving for half a day then wait 2+ months. Also the warranty and 4 free oil changes are good everywhere!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Pardon my lack of knowledge but what does "July 9th: Last 2014 1500 allocations open up" mean? I just placed an order yesterday and one dealeship couldnt place an order and another could due to allocations. So I placed on order for Longhorn with the second dealership.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts