RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm surprised I havent seen anyone else do this or maybe they did and I just havent seen it. I debadged the truck awhile back but kept the eco badges. Thought this looked like a good place for them. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Total curiosity...why debage?

·
Registered
4,397 Posts
I haven't seen that before but there are pics on here of some nicely tapered vinyl decals fitting in that space with Ecodiesel or Ram Ecodiesel or something like that on them. They looked good.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Total curiosity...why debage?
It's an opinion thing, my opinion is they put too many on. I left the 4x4, ram and bighorn on the tailgate but pulled the ram, 1500 and eco off. Now the eco is back on in a better spot, I think.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't seen that before but there are pics on here of some nicely tapered vinyl decals fitting in that space with Ecodiesel or Ram Ecodiesel or something like that on them. They looked good.
Yep I've seen those, they look good also

·
Registered
105 Posts
I have kicked around adding an Ecodiesel badge to my tailgate along with an American flag. I haven't decided how to go just yet. IMG_20190823_110449356_HDR.jpg IMG_20190823_110633327.jpg IMG_20190823_110543834_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
151 Posts
OP, good stuff. Unless a truck is simply a work rig each owner has to make it his/her truck whatever that means to him/her. I like the badges on my Longhorn...big and bold. On my wife’s DD R/T the emblems are black on black so they look a little stealthy. However, on my motorcycle I have debadged it just to screw with Harley riders (I used to be one) who can’t tell what it is. Fun to watch them try to figure it out and talk about what they think it is. :rolleyes:
A81AFF69-8A16-4A88-81CE-0E347340FF33.jpeg View attachment 82218

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OP, good stuff. Unless a truck is simply a work rig each owner has to make it his/her truck whatever that means to him/her. I like the badges on my Longhorn...big and bold. On my wife’s DD R/T the emblems are black on black so they look a little stealthy. However, on my motorcycle I have debadged it just to screw with Harley riders (I used to be one) who can’t tell what it is. Fun to watch them try to figure it out and talk about what they think it is. :rolleyes:
View attachment 82216 View attachment 82218
I put banks stickers on my 02 duramax when I wasnt really running banks tuning lol. Was running about 150+ more hp than banks ever released

·
Registered
151 Posts
For a moment I thought that was a Twinkie and my mouth started watering then I realized it was a hotdog bun. Yuk!

·
Registered
57 Posts
No need for badges

Clean all badges from both my ecodiesels. In first week of owning. No need for the cheap plastic.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I will say I do not like the look of the stacked

RAM

I liked it better when it wasn't as tall and inline.

Has anyone found any After Market EcoDiesel badging?

I would consider debadging the factory for a cool after market badge

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will say I do not like the look of the stacked

RAM

I liked it better when it wasn't as tall and inline.

Has anyone found any After Market EcoDiesel badging?

I would consider debadging the factory for a cool after market badge
I thought they were a little large as well

·
Registered
133 Posts
Debadged the doors and the 4x4 on the tailgate the day after I took delivery of the truck. It makes it easier to lay the wax down and looks much cleaner. I like the ecodiesel badge so it stayed on the fender, and the laramie on the tailgate was left on there at the request of my daughter (because it's the truck's name tag). If the ram on the middle of the tailgate could have been removed, it too would have gone... Sometimes, less is more.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Debadged the doors and the 4x4 on the tailgate the day after I took delivery of the truck. It makes it easier to lay the wax down and looks much cleaner. I like the ecodiesel badge so it stayed on the fender, and the laramie on the tailgate was left on there at the request of my daughter (because it's the truck's name tag). If the ram on the middle of the tailgate could have been removed, it too would have gone... Sometimes, less is more.
Definitely agree with your last statement when it comes to chrome and badges

·
Registered
119 Posts
Anyone move the badge up to the body line on the cab? Considering it if I keep them on the truck or perhaps just move the EcoDiesel badge up there (in line with the door handles).

Little frustrated the Eco Badge is soooo small compared to the RAM 1500.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts