RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing a ton of research, I ordered an EcoDiesel QuadCab 4x4 SLT here in Toronto Jan.31st. I spoke with the dealer last Saturday and my truck is being shipped from the factory at long last, tomorrow April 5th. It's been a long wait! The dealer figures it should arrive in a weeks time. While reading Car and Driver yesterday I read that Ram is expanding their Black Express line but sadly, it doesn't include the EcoDiesel. I really like the blacked out look and am considering powder coating (bumpers/grill/badges). Is anyone else thinking of de-chroming their truck? Or if it were possible, would you have ordered your EcoDiesel with Black Express trim?

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
You cam buy the grills aftermarket blacked out......and ram sells blacked out ram head badges at the dealer and the 4x4 badge you can orser as well.....i think my laramie limited would look amazing murdered out(blacked out). Dont forget the tail lights and inside of your headlights!

·
Registered
13,966 Posts
No. I wanted chrome. That's one reason I did not want an Outdoorsman.

Harley makes a lot of that blacked-out stuff but it is cheap to make and looks cheap to me. Now the most important thing to remember is that..."chrome may not get you home but it can get you laid".

That's a truism from Harley riders. I like the attractiveness and ding/rust resistance of chrome. Women like it too.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Oh, yeah, pure black
Black out
Black hole
Black beauty
Black heart
Pimp my truck

Pitch black
Men in black
Women in black
Black licorice
Black as night
Heat it up

Black juju
Black magic
Black hearse
Black box
Black ops
Raven trickster

Black list
Black sheep
Black cat
Black swan
Black panther
Darth Vader

Black market
Black tie
Black belt
Black hat
Black eye
Wash me

·
Registered
17 Posts
Doubt you'd ever see an EcoDiesel in the Black Express package, it's only hemi currently and can't even get the Pentastar but you can order all of the black express badges through Mopar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts