RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Jeep Ecodiesel I've had new since 10/16. Just under 25000 miles. No issues until my first CEL in January. It was P2BA9 (bad def detected). It was -25f that week, and I was making small trips. It cleared up on it own.

Today I was about 55 miles from home and P20EE came in, then shortly after a stop at the store P1288 came in. Does anyone have any insight into these codes?

·
Registered
13,597 Posts
Welcome! First post.

The P20EE is a problem with the DEF system. That used to be a common code with the 2014's. It resulted in near all of them having their DEF systems replaced. Somewhere in there you are experiencing a malfunction. Could be injector, sensors or overall operation.

I do not know what that other code is. You can Google it for an answer. My guess is, since you stated it was far below zero in temperatures, something froze. I know if I lived anywhere as cold as you must be, I would be froze.

See a dealer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Not that this has anything to do with your situation but 52 miles a day doesn't Come close to 25k in 4 months?

·
Registered
13,597 Posts
Appreciate your return and conclusion.

The DEF system replacement should take care of it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my new catalytic converter about 700 miles ago. Last night I got a P20EE CEL last night. Have you guys seen this happen after replacement?

·
Registered
13,597 Posts
...and in addition - a GDE purchase and installation to tone down those darn sensors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Getting a new DEF injector. Asked the service writer if the 3/4 and 1 tons are having the same emission system issues or is it just an Ecodiesel problem. He said, "yes, most people with 3/4 and 1 tons are going to 75-80k miles then doing a DEF system delete. Then we never see them again because they have no more issues."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts