RAM 1500 Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang,

Diesel Domination has released their plug and play Duramileage performance module after months in the making. Doc Sadler of Dr. Performance fame is one of the original performance module manufacturers going back years in the diesel industry.

Rollin Smoke Diesel. Ram 1500 EcoDiesel Duramileage Performance Module

Excellent Fuel Economy 3-5 MPG Gains
Improves Towing Performance
Improves Throttle Response
40 Horsepower
80 ft/lbs Torque

Benefits of Performance Modules

Easy Installation with OEM style connectors
Simple Plug & Play
Stackable with Pulse Width Tuning
Undetectable & Warranty Friendly
Does not leave fingerprint in the factory computer
Excellent choice for towing
Does not increase exhaust temperatures
Does not increase emissions (may reduce in some cases)

What is the Performance Module?

The high pressure common-rail injection system was a definite refinement in the evolution of diesel engines. The advantage of this high pressure injection system is the precise control of injection pressure, timing, and fuel rate. Fuel supply is no longer dependent on the engine revolutions but can be optimized independently.

The Torque Module is a software driven control unit that optimizes injection pressure at a "particular engine speed" to enhance combustion efficiency and lower fuel consumption. Engineered by Doc Sadler (founder Dr. Performance) who set and still holds several world land speed records in diesel trucks, the Moduleplugs into the fuel-rail sensor with OEM style connectors and “very precisely” controls fuel pressure to match engine RPM at the driver's Cruising Speed. (normally 1400-2200 RPM range)

Over riding and increasing the ECM's commanded fuel pressure at this exact RPM range generates finer fuel atomization/vapor thus improving fuel-air mixture thereby increasing combustion quality, efficiency and power output. The result is additional peak torque, better fuel mileage, increased towing capability, and quicker throttle response which offers a better driving experience.(FUEL PRESSURE NEVER EXCEEDS PEAK STOCK PSI)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Found this on Duramileage website:

The Performance Module comes with full 120 DAY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE!

This means you get No-Obligation >>> 120 Days Risk Free >>> to run the Performance Module
in your truck . If you are not satisfied within those 120 Days you get a full refund!

With such a Guarantee... you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Does this apply if bought from you?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Found this on Duramileage website:

The Performance Module comes with full 120 DAY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION GUARANTEE!

This means you get No-Obligation >>> 120 Days Risk Free >>> to run the Performance Module
in your truck . If you are not satisfied within those 120 Days you get a full refund!

With such a Guarantee... you have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

Does this apply if bought from you?
I will ask them and get back with you on that friend, as long as they refund me in the process lol.

·
Registered
281 Posts
What's the member price on that? Have you got to try it yet? Also how does it stack up to the bluespark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the member price on that? Have you got to try it yet? Also how does it stack up to the bluespark?

Will be 10% off the listed price. Yes we tried it several months ago for testing but they did not want us to say anything about it until ready. The module plugs in the same way as the Bluespark and performs in the same function. Very smooth power out of the unit.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
@RSD - are you still using this in your EcoD? I won't ask for dyno stuff because I can guess the answer, but how about your general impressions or observations? I know it will be easy to say "oh yea it was great! Did everything claimed" but you have seemed like a pretty straight shooter so I'm confident you'll provide your honest feedback. right?! :p

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'll buy one if the 120 day guarantee is true. I'd also enjoy reading someone's review of the product on our motors, can't find anything in the Jeep world about it.

I read just about every thread I see started by you, RSD, and to be honest - I'd buy every product (short of redundancies, i.e. multiple CAIs) if you could do a thorough write up with photographs, manufacturer claims vs your findings, and a dyno sheet. I know I'm only one person, so I wouldn't expect you could justify getting on the dyno frequently for little old me, but surely others feel the same way. I've seen some of your product mentions before and found your own words and pictures adequate, but the dyno is the killer. Even if the results you achieve are 1/4 of the manufacturer claim, it'd still be a great selling point.

Obviously there isn't much to be seen with a plug in module, but your own experience has been condensed to 'Very smooth power out of the unit.' This is also big news if it was even 50% true and functioned in a similar manner as the Bluespark with hand calculated mileages. I was close to getting sucked in to the Bluespark craze until I read that fuel economy only appears to be improved, but in reality, is worse. You mention this performs in a similar manner as the Bluespark - does this mean their 3-5mpg claims are only on EVIC, not to be seen when hand calculated?

Thanks for the work you have done and continue to do, and for making these products available to an eager bunch (or those who enjoy drooling), but if you step it up just a hair with dynos and some above and beyond write ups, you'll have my money every time (and outdo the competition 10 fold)

Example: I would never, ever, buy a product from a retailer with an advertisement that looks like the attached image. It's too reminiscent of air intake vortex doohickeys and doesn't appear in any way like a professional advertisement put out by a company who wants to make sales. Unfortunately in this case, it's directly from the manufacturer, which makes me even more skeptical of any claims they make.

ecodtuner.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
Can we see some hand calculated milage improvements? If it's after the truck computer, warrantee issues won't be a problem, but the gas milage on the dash won't be correct either

·
Registered
579 Posts
Can we see some hand calculated milage improvements? If it's after the truck computer, warrantee issues won't be a problem, but the gas milage on the dash won't be correct either

That is what I want to see as well is hand calculated mileage. I will buy one even if I got 3mpg on the low end.

Reactions: dcchris311

·
Registered
70 Posts
Also intrigued to hear some real world numbers. I'm curious as to see if there is any way to know how much it's raising the rail pressure during the lower rpm's. Obviously it states that it doesn't go above stock psi but that can be at the highest rpm under the greatest load. If that psi is 25,000 and your running 25,000 at lower rpms your fuel system isn't going to last near as long. Just seems like if a manufacture could look at it and say, "hey lets bump up the rail pressure 2,000 psi across the board in low rpm range but leave the upper rpms the same" and gain a few mpg and not lose longevity of the injectors they would.

·
Registered
413 Posts
This truck already gets GREAT fuel mileage why take the risk ?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@RSD - are you still using this in your EcoD? I won't ask for dyno stuff because I can guess the answer, but how about your general impressions or observations? I know it will be easy to say "oh yea it was great! Did everything claimed" but you have seemed like a pretty straight shooter so I'm confident you'll provide your honest feedback. right?! :p
We tested this a few months back for about 700 or so miles on a trip to West Virginia. I will be installing a unit back on the truck when they arrive.

Hand calculation was a 2 mpg gain at 75mph with the cruise set, the lie o meter showed a 3 mpg gain improvement.

Dyno? If we had one here it would be on it at all times. My nearest dyno is currenty over a hour away and given my work load with all diesel product lines it is a hassle to drive back and forth....... We will have one soon :)

Using the BlueSpark, I never saw a 5 mpg but I did see the same 3 mpg and hand calculated it was about 1 mpg off.

Doing write-ups has been a kind of a hush hush. A lot of the testing we have done is beta so the manufacturer may make a change that would conflict with the finished product. The Duramileage unit is the first official product released by a US manufacturer.

James
RSD

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This truck already gets GREAT fuel mileage why take the risk ?
Easy answer for me. I like performance and pushing limits. The buzz in my industry is this little beast is going to have a great future and is a well built engine. One of the performance machine shops we work with already has a motor on the stand designing and developing internals for the engine to make it handle higher horsepower limits. The CP4 on the engine is already used on the Duramax and Powerstroke and the common rail setup is all tested and true setup.

James
RSD

·
Registered
413 Posts
Easy answer for me. I like performance and pushing limits. The buzz in my industry is this little beast is going to have a great future and is a well built engine. One of the performance machine shops we work with already has a motor on the stand designing and developing internals for the engine to make it handle higher horsepower limits. The CP4 on the engine is already used on the Duramax and Powerstroke and the common rail setup is all tested and true setup.

James
RSD
I would like to see a dpf delete system in a few years once my warranty run out :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts